Help me with D156 and D157

gwaliorwasi

Hi guys, I would appriciate if you can help with this. I am on H1B in US. I\'ll go to India this month, apply for my new H1B stamping, get married after 4 days, apply for her H4. Can you help with the following points?

156 for me
----------
Point 12. Home Address -> Should I give my chicago address or Delhi address?

Point 24. Persons travelling with you -> When I apply, I\'ll be single. I\'ll get married after 4 days of applying my visa. And then she will apply her visa. So, can I put "N/A" here or should i give my "to-be" wife\'s name?

27. Have you ever been to US and how long? -> What to write here? Most recent visit or from the first day I came to US?

28. Have you ever been issued a US visa -> Should I put the latest one here? OR should I add more sheets to list all the visas we had till now?

156 for my wife
---------------
19. purpose of trip -> What should my wife write in this space? She is coming on an H4 visa.

32. Is your husband/wife in US -> Should my wife say "yes" or "no". I am on H1B in USA but while she applies, I\'ll be in India.

DS 157 for me
-------------
2. First Name(s) -> Should we write first and middle name here?
8. Full Name and Address of contact person in US -> Should I give my friend\'s details or my employer details?

HOw do you write all that information in such a small space? Can we attach separate sheets for these?

thanks in advance for all your help,
Dilli Ka Nivasi.

No Title

Hi, The following is what I think you should write... Please anyone, feel free to correct me..

>156 for me
----------
>Point 12. Home Address -> Should I give my chicago address or Delhi >address?

Your Delhi Address, as that is your permanent address and you are still a non resident in US.

>Point 24. Persons travelling with you -> When I apply, I\'ll be >ingle. I\'ll get married after 4 days of applying my visa. And then >she will apply her visa. So, can I put "N/A" here or should i give >my "to-be" wife\'s name?

"N/A"

>27. Have you ever been to US and how long? -> What to write here? >Most recent visit or from the first day I came to US?

Just write "Yes".

>28. Have you ever been issued a US visa -> Should I put the latest >one here? OR should I add more sheets to list all the visas we had >till now?

Just write "Yes".

>156 for my wife
---------------
>19. purpose of trip -> What should my wife write in this space? She >is coming on an H4 visa.

Marriage.

>32. Is your husband/wife in US -> Should my wife say "yes" or "no". >I am on H1B in USA but while she applies, I\'ll be in India.

"No" And she can explain if and when they call for the interview.

>DS 157 for me
-------------
>2. First Name(s) -> Should we write first and middle name here?

Only first name.

>8. Full Name and Address of contact person in US -> Should I give my >friend\'s details or my employer details?

Better your employer.

I dont have a bachelor, do you know whether it\'s a MUST

i ever heard that working experience is ok to cover the degree.
My 1st job is since 1989

ever heard that working experience is ok to cover the degree. My 1st job is since 1989