Help me understand (who got thier GC recently)

Ohio Asylee

Registered Users (C)
Help me understand (who got thier GC recently). They looked at my case today

I just checked my status and it shows they looked at my case today, it changed to 06/27/2005...this is the first update since they updated on March when they recieved my medical then it was updated on 04/05 when I did my bio/FB, but the message didn't change which is takes like 600 days to process your case.....Is that mean I am getting close? and how long did you guys get your e mail of GC approval after they looked at your case(when they changed the date after bio?)?...I am scared and got mixed feelings now, is that it????? :confused: :eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
My sister got approved last year. She got a RFE that asked for updated form and inconsistencies in her birthdate..Her approval was sent 17 business days after RFE was received...hope it helps. I think your approval is on its way. The reason I say that is because they wouldn't do FP/BIO unless they were ready to issue. FP/BIOmetrics is for the actual physical green card my friend.

I think July will be really good for you.

hi

Looks like you are almost there buddy. My ND is Sep 2000 and my status hasn't changed ever since they got my RFI / Bio back on 3/30/05. Hopefully the month of July will be good for us.

I wish and I hope this is the end of my agony with the GC, 14 years of waiting, half of my life, I just got a job offer from a big company and moving out of state how much I wish I can go to my new job carrying my dearm GC with me to my first day at work. I just graduated with a degree in Process Engineering (How much I wish the immigration office would give me their process to improve it :p ) , but again, I am only an asylee and not american citizen :eek:

Ohio Asylee said:
I wish and I hope this is the end of my agony with the GC, 14 years of waiting, half of my life, I just got a job offer from a big company and moving out of state how much I wish I can go to my new job carrying my dearm GC with me to my first day at work. I just graduated with a degree in Process Engineering (How much I wish the immigration office would give me their process to improve it :p ) , but again, I am only an asylee and not american citizen :eek:

From what people said in this forum, those ND Aug 2000 approved (including me) are all from California. I think they are processing NJ/NY now, your Ohio will be next. :rolleyes:

Just kidding. To answer your question, I did not have date update prior to the final approval. Once the final approval e-mail sent out, the status (and date) updated. The date was updated in next day again. A few days later, a new update said card was completed ..... Then the date was updated again in the next day. It's been dead since.

The GC arrived within a week.

I think yours will be as soon as this week.

Last edited by a moderator:
So excuse my stupidity but I have to ask this again. People with NDs 08/2000 are getting approved, ie getting GCs right?
And yet some people with NDs of up to 06/2001 are getting RFEs right?

So what is the timeline between RFEs to actual approvals?? Please share this info.

samird said:
So excuse my stupidity but I have to ask this again. People with NDs 08/2000 are getting approved, ie getting GCs right?
And yet some people with NDs of up to 06/2001 are getting RFEs right?

So what is the timeline between RFEs to actual approvals?? Please share this info.

You mean RFI, not RFE, becuse not everyone gets the RFE. RFE is for people who mostly left the US and came back or for people who are missing some document. But if you mean RFI then the time frame from getting the RFI to getting the GC is between 1 to 3 months now, that is what WANTmyGCnow is saying because he checked other forms (through employment, family, etc,...) and that is what they said in those other forms, but again who knows with the immigration office

Ohio Asylee:

which means your are 'almost' done. You got RFI in March so simple math says it is a matter of days?

Ohio Asylee said:
You mean RFI, not RFE, becuse not everyone gets the RFE. RFE is for people who mostly left the US and came back or for people who are missing some document. But if you mean RFI then the time frame from getting the RFI to getting the GC is between 1 to 3 months now, that is what WANTmyGCnow is saying because he checked other forms (through employment, family, etc,...) and that is what they said in those other forms, but again who knows with the immigration office

Ohio..RFE is not for people who left the country. ANYOne can get an RFE.

RFE=After review by an officer, he/she thinks he/she needs more information to adjust he case. For instance, updated picture, proof of birthdate, etc.

RFI=A blanket form sent by USCIS clerical office to make sure all the applications are not missing anything. Its a double check by applicants to make sure their address, job hasn't changed since 5 years of filing your application.

wantmygcnow said:
Ohio..RFE is not for people who left the country. ANYOne can get an RFE.

RFE=After review by an officer, he/she thinks he/she needs more information to adjust he case. For instance, updated picture, proof of birthdate, etc.

RFI=A blanket form sent by USCIS clerical office to make sure all the applications are not missing anything. Its a double check by applicants to make sure their address, job hasn't changed since 5 years of filing your application.

I never said that RFE is for EVERYONE that left the country.....I said MOSTLY = GENERALLY or most common and I also said that it is giving for people who are missing documents.

Now, here is another question for people who got thier GC recently....
When my case was updated on 6/27, I never recieved an E mail and the message on my portfolio stayed the same...It seemed to me that with recent people on here, when they look at your case and it is updated, you usually hear from them right after that wether they are sending you an E-mail or mail you amessage. It is a nerve breaking to know what is their process. did this happen to the ones that got their GC recently?