HELP: Long Time Processing PERM (Atlanta)

sra

Is any body experiencing PERM delay? Mine was filed May 26, 2006. My employer had not heard any approval yet. During conversation, I was informed that if an audit was forthcoming, they would have known it by now. In other words the time period for an audit is probably past. By reading some of the posts I understand that there is some delay (at least for Atlanta). Any & all help is greatly appreciated.

Sra,

My PERM is pending for 60+ days, and it is Atlanta as well. My lawyer said that she's been observing delays with that service center in the recent months. Are you EB2 or EB3?

The job is sponsored for EB3. I am told that there is some delay for a few. It is almost 150 days. I am sure everything has been done meticulously. Does this delay mean some thing is not going well?

Atlanta Center is horrible. Avoid it if at all possible. Most of our Atlanta cases pend for 6 months or more, while the Chicago cases we file are approved within 2 weeks.

You can't avoid Atlanta unless you specifically chose your employer based on where the employer is located - the two service centers each have different jurisdictions.

I guess, we just have to hope and pray. Atlanta has varying processing times...could take a few days, a few weeks, a few months and maybe even to a year. I think the ave now on trackitt.com is about 100 days (3 months or so). Atlanta used to be quick back in June of this year, but has slowed down since.

mkung said:
You can't avoid Atlanta unless you specifically chose your employer based on where the employer is located - the two service centers each have different jurisdictions.

I guess, we just have to hope and pray. Atlanta has varying processing times...could take a few days, a few weeks, a few months and maybe even to a year. I think the ave now on trackitt.com is about 100 days (3 months or so). Atlanta used to be quick back in June of this year, but has slowed down since.

Definitely true. Pick another employer to avoid it... I would if my life depended on it. SO true about the "in June" part! We had several cases in June approved in 2 weeks... and now... the slowness continues again.

I think you can get the services from some lawyers or attorneys. It is the better option for you. Also don't search for the lawyer services. Just go and surf and visit Mineeds.com in your internet. Post your request and get the needs from the providers. Mineeds is the best services providers in USA. When i used it, i found very easy and also they are amazing in giving the services.