Help! LC case closed

michelle66

Just got a letter from BRC saying that my labor certificate case was closed because we did not respond to them within 45 days. But my lawyer told me that they never received any letter from the Center about my case. What should I do? Is it possible the case can be re-opened?

Really appreciate your help!

Thanks

Data Entry Error and LC Withdrawn

Data Entry Error and LC Withdrawn (seems to be happening to some of us)

this is what happend in my case:

DOL responded with LC withdrawal after responding to 45day letter confirming proceed

* recd 45 day letter from Dallas Backlog reduction center ("DBRC")
* Attorney responded with letter confirming "proceed"
* DBRC responded with letter confirming case was withdrawn quoting the very letter sent by Attorney confirming "proceed".

This seems to be an obvious DBRC error.

Currently, hv sent papers to reinstate the case by resending 45 day
letter confirmation + cover letters from Employer/Attorney about error.

so far have not heard back fr DBRC! and dont know if
others who have run into this have :

*1 Had case reinstated ?
*3 How long did it take to reinstate case ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAMAX
My lawyer told me that he responded on 01/07/2005 via Fed Ex, but BEC say
Letter content
NOTICE OF CASE CLOSURE
Our communication to you dated Dec 27, 2004 stated that your complete response was to be postmarked no later than Feb 10, 2005. Your case has been closed due to an untimely or incomplete response.

At any time, you may resubmit this alien labor certification request as a new application which will have a new filing date.

If you have any question regarding the issues addressed in this letter, please communicate directly with the Backlog Processing Center, Employment and Training Administration, Division of Foreign Labor Certification at the address in the letterhead. DO NOT CONTACT THE STATE WORKFORCE AGENCY.

michelle66 said:
Just got a letter from BRC saying that my labor certificate case was closed because we did not respond to them within 45 days. But my lawyer told me that they never received any letter from the Center about my case. What should I do? Is it possible the case can be re-opened?

Thanks

Thanks a lot for your reply!

I got the same letter and mine was dated Dec 27, 2004. Will let you know more once I talk to my lawyer next Monday.

Obvious Trap For People

I think this is exactly what they want to do with our cases, close them at their own interest. Mail problems, or they really did not send that letter over...imagine...how can they do this...fight for your case! Who knows they might even approve your case on the spot.

michelle66 said:
A petition has been files to BRC by my lawyer. Will take at least 3 weeks to hear back from them.

Data Entry Error - Phyilly BEC

I am also in the same boat. For me even though we ask them to continue the labor process , today my attorney got a letter from them regarding labor closer. Any update regarding ur labor guys Austin_Hawk,michelle66

Thanks

still no response from DBRC

Its been almost over 3 weeks since the attorney is in touch with DBRC and still no response from them!

As per my lawyer....

I was very skeptical on this whole 45 day letter from the beginning. I have not received one yet...anyway I had asked him about the problems of 45 day letters...here is what he has to say...in quotes below..

"I have never had a problem in the past with 45 day letters. These have been in existence for many years. The only difference is they are now coming from BRC's. If there is a problem with non-receipt we will straighten it out as needed i.e. call them or file a motion. I would not worry about this."

However I am really concerned about the amount of time it is going to take to get it straightened out...this whole BRC thing is a big mess...those morons if they had really worked well this would not have happenned. I mean from the beginning if they had really worked on clearing cases rather than putting them off...we would not have been in this position...this is more like gambling now...

:eek:

Austin_Hawk said:
Its been almost over 3 weeks since the attorney is in touch with DBRC and still no response from them!

michelle66 said:

Thanks

I am also in the same boat. today my attorney got an email in regards to the status check saying that my case is closed because of not responding to the 45 day letter but in reality neither my attorney nor my company recieved such letter.

45 Dys letter

michelle66 said:

Thanks
Why didn't you check with your attorney when this letter first started mailing , I did and they didn't rec any ,couple of dys after I got it and he got his as well , so you suppose to follow up with them since our priority is not there's remember.

Ash

Update:Application is pending! (instead of closed)

Finally, a case status letter was sent out by the DBRC after persistant followups!

My attorney got a response email from DBRC, they have re entered my case and assigned a new case number.

I was shocked when I read so many people's LC cases got closed for not responding to the 45-day letter which they never received at all!

I am curious...b4 ur cases were closed, did u ask ur lawyer about whether they have received the 45-day letters? and they told you NOT YET??? and the next thing you know, your case is closed! :mad:

guys, Good luck to you ... and please give us some tips too

Michelle and others ... I'm very happy for you all that the BEC has started reinstating your cases. While you're discussing your issues, which are very helpful for us to know too, can you also help us some more and give us your Priority Date, State from which applied, RIR/Non etc. (for God's sake!). This way we'll know which dates they have started processing!

Thanks,
Subbu

My case is approved on May 17th and I have recieved an approval notice from Dallas BEC. my PD is June 2002 and RD May 2003 applied from CA.

may1947,

congrats on getting your LC approved. I have a question, did you receive any kind of info that you case was reopned like a letter or email or phone call form BPC before getting your LC approved.

man1974 said:
My case is approved on May 17th and I have recieved an approval notice from Dallas BEC. my PD is June 2002 and RD May 2003 applied from CA.

Please update

I found mine is same case - closure notice.
I don't know how to deal with.
Of course my lawer sent claim letter, but no reply for 6 months.
Please update same case has reopen/reinstate.
Thanks,