Help: Laid Off after responding to RFE.

Rohan_K

Hello All,

I have been laid off after I sent my response to the INS. The RFE was for my employment verification and it was received by INS in the last week of December. Could any of you tell me what my options are? If I get a new job based on EAD, do I need to update the INS about the change in my employer? Is there a rule that the new employer is supposed to tell INS about my employment status? Please repond asap.

Thanks.

I empathize. I would say, "Just keep quiet". Try to get a job ASAP but until then, do not even let your attorney know about this. If he is understanding and more client oriented than "rules-oriented", you can talk to him but otherwise...... "Don't say a word!!"..

My two cents....

Nobody really knows how this AC-21 business is being applied ( I am assuming you are more than 6 months into the process). My attorney suggested to me that one should hold a similar job ( assuming you have crossed 6 months etc) WHILE THEY ARE ADJUDICATING YOUR CASE ( ie: when they finally look at your file) . Since you received an RFE, they are certainly looking at your case. Of course you may be lucky and they may approve you without further queries. In case they do query again, assuming that you have a similar job at that time I do not see what the problem is...it does not say in AC21 that we should get only one job after the 6 months period. I think there is enough vagueness in the current statutes that you can certainly counter-argue if necessary. As to informing them, I agree with the previous post...no need to complicate issues unless they ask you for more info...As always, I am not an attorney...so please contact a real attorney who will give you EQUALLY VAGUE AND CONFUSING REPLIES!!!!:D