Help in selecting a city

ashrock11

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

I am applying for permanent residency in Canada from USA. I wondering whether how much does the choice of the city affect the application process. If yes, I would appreciate if somebody can tell me what are the good choices.

Thanks

Ash

i dont think there is any effect to the city that you choose. the difference is only between the program you choose - the federal program or the quebec immigration program. quebec is little faster but you should know french to qualify that and you will be asked to prove that in an interview, i guess. so most people go for the federal program though it is a little more time consuming.

program choice

Thanks. Also please let me know that is it necessary to land in the city that you have mentioned in the application.

I am in IT and live in NJ. What city would be the best choice for me?

Thanks again.

Ash

For IT job? No city in Canada is better, don’t go to Canada for IT job, it is better to go back to India for IT job.

though what ginnu says is correct, you never know what future holds in for IT folks in canada. so i am still giving the answer for your questions - you can put in any city and land in any city only with the exception of the federal program and quebec program.

for example: you can put in toronto and land in vancourver later on. that is fine. but you cannot put in toronto and land in motreal, which is in quebec or vice-versa. if you choose a city that comes under the federal program, you can land in anyother city that is under the federal program. if you choose the quebec program then you can only land in any city within the quebec province. hope this info helps.

How long do u have to stay

CNATRA2
I agree with you about landing. What you mean is actual landing at airport or border. But lets say I enter Canada through Toronto airport and next day take rental car and move to Montreal, is that illegal ???? How is it enforced.
One can do other way also.

u dont have to stay even for a single day at the port of landing. once you land and complete your landing formalities, you are free to move about anywhere inside canada.

help in selecting city

Thanks for the input guys. I would be applying under federal program, so I think any city other than Quebec province is okay. My concern for asking was from the perpspective of general jobs and not just IT only. And east coast should be good enough. Does anybody know what cities are doing good as far as the job scene is concerned?

Another question guys:

How many copies of the application have to be submitted? I coudnt find it anywhere on the site.

Thanks again

Ash

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know what cities are doing good as far as the job scene is concerned?
----- Labor jobs in factory, Pizza delivery, are easy to get after landing in 2-3 months time they pay7/8CDN per hour, Truck Driver jobs are available and good payment but you need to get Truck driving license and it takes time to get this license. Security jobs after some training one can get after some training they pay 7 to 9 CDN based on experience. This info is related to Toronto

how many copies of application?

Thanks. Well, by general I meant Engineering, Sales, Financial etc jobs.

Again does anybody knows the number of copies to application to be sent.

Again does anybody knows the number of copies to application to be sent.
--- What copies? What kind of application?