Help in deciding whether to go for CP or AP

Hi,

I recently got my labor approved and before going to I-140 want to decide for AP or CP. I have heard that many CP get rejected. Can somebody tell me what is the reason for rejection??? And is CP safe???

Thanks in advance.

CP or not- refer following websites

www.immihelp.com
www.immigrationportal.com
1. CP gets done within 6-7 months whereas 485 might take any time (nowadays its 18 months, tomorrow is might be 24 monts, day after it may be 12 months i.e. there is tremendous uncertainty).
2. Believe it or not, CP has lesser chance of rejection - the consulate officer has very little discretionary power. If u have all documents and have no fraud, CP is almost sureshot.
The only disadvantage is u have to travel to India to get the GC and appear for the i/v when they schedule u (rescheduling is very rarely done).

No Title

Hi,
Thanks for the prompt reply.
Actually my wife had some visa status problem but now she is in proper status. Can that affect the CP?? I will be the primary applicant. I want to know whether they check the complete immigration status of spouse also in CP??

where did u learn...

that there were many CP rejections.... i have not heard one in this board... CP is faster and safe..

infact there r more chances of gettin in to problems with \'status\' in 485 process.. RFE\'s and all...

If wife out of status...avoid CP

If anybody is out of status (no matter whether they are in status now or not) anytime in past, avoid CP. if your wife had other "status" problem, check with lawyers.

and CP is quite fast, easy and reliable. travelling to India was not a burden to me but was an advantage. depends on how you look at it.

I have the same question....

What about if the family gets back in status retroactively, should you still advice not to go for CP?