Help!- I-90 filed at District Office after May 31- Procedures?

Ringo65

Hello. I really need some help as I'm really starting to get stressed out and worried about this I-90 situation.

3 weeks ago (after May 31st), I made an appointment with my local district office because my name was misspelled on the physical green card. The immigration officer said that I can file the I-90 there if I file it by the end of June. I did so, and they did not require the $185 fee. I asked him if I should pay the $70 biometrics fee there, and the immigration officer said no. He also said that if they require the $70 fee, they will let me know. I am worried because I know that the $70 is required (if I had e-filed or mailed the I-90 to the LA Lockbox I would have had to pay it at that time). I'm also concerned because the immigration officer took the green card (as they used to before May 31), but did not ask for 2 passport photos nor did he take my fingerprint and signature (on the I-89).

I was just wondering what I should do and what the next steps will be becasue it seemed like a mix of old and new procedures. I'm really worried because the immigration officer took the 'incorrect' green card, and attached it to the processing forms he filled out. I know that in the past (prior to May 31), the USCIS district office took the green card, and you had to submit 2 passport photos, fingerprint, and sign the I-89. However since my I-90 was filed AFTER May 31, the district office did not take my fingerprint, or 2 passport photos. They only took the I-90 and the green card with the mistake on it, didn't charge the $185, and said that we didn't need to pay the $70 there. He also seemed to do the processing right there on the spot: he filled out 2 or 3 different forms, including the IBIS check, and attached them to the I-90. Will not paying the $70 fee be a problem? Where does the district office send all the paperwork to? (the USCIS service center with jurisdiction? The LA Facility? The nearest ASC?)?

Many many thanks!

Ringo65 said:
Hello. I really need some help as I'm really starting to get stressed out and worried about this I-90 situation.

3 weeks ago (after May 31st), I made an appointment with my local district office because my name was misspelled on the physical green card. The immigration officer said that I can file the I-90 there if I file it by the end of June. I did so, and they did not require the $185 fee. I asked him if I should pay the $70 biometrics fee there, and the immigration officer said no. He also said that if they require the $70 fee, they will let me know. I am worried because I know that the $70 is required (if I had e-filed or mailed the I-90 to the LA Lockbox I would have had to pay it at that time). I'm also concerned because the immigration officer took the green card (as they used to before May 31), but did not ask for 2 passport photos nor did he take my fingerprint and signature (on the I-89).

I was just wondering what I should do and what the next steps will be becasue
it seemed like a mix of old and new procedures.
-------------- you are correct
I'm really worried because the immigration officer took the 'incorrect' green card, and attached it to the processing forms he filled out.
I know that in the past (prior to May 31), the USCIS district office took the green card, and you had to submit 2 passport photos, fingerprint, and sign the I-89.
-------that is correct
However since my I-90 was filed AFTER May 31, the district office did not take my fingerprint, or 2 passport photos. They only took the I-90 and the green card with the mistake on it, didn't charge the $185, and said that we didn't need to pay the $70 there. He also seemed to do the processing right there on the spot: he filled out 2 or 3 different forms, including the IBIS check, and attached them to the I-90. Will not paying the $70 fee be a problem?
------------ if the officer coorcted the info in computer system and then sent the form to card production unit, the card production unit will not have your photographs and will not send new card
Where does the district office send all the paperwork to?
----------- before may 31 to USCIS service center where you filed I-485 after 31 they will send to LA
(the USCIS service center with jurisdiction?
The LA Facility?
-yes
The nearest ASC?)?
---------- LA is supposed to send letter to you to go to nearest ASC.
*** wait few days or better take infopass and go to same local office where you filedI-90 and they can guide you, if dont get satisfactory answer ask for supervisor

** if you read the instruction on new form I-90 on USCIS site it clearly says that you need to submit $70 in your situation

Many many thanks!