Help: I-485 pending-question regarding spouse

MGTgrl

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I was really happy to find you guys. I learned alot from this forum in the past couple of days. Now I need help. Here is my story (I am new so don't know all the abbreviations, so please be patient with me :)

My asylum case was approved on March 2000. I sent I-485 just last Dec (2005) :mad: . I already got a letter asking me to do medical and biometrics :) . Biometrics is scheduled for 2/15/2006. I was suprised to hear from USCIS this soon as I was expecting it around 2016 (according to the USCIS website) :confused: !

Anyway here is my dilemma. My husband's E case is pending. And I was wondering if there was anything I can do for him to get his green card along with me. Although we were dating, we were not married at the time I applied for asylum, so I couldn't ask for derivative asylum for him at that time. We got married in 2001 and have 2 children. I didn't include him on my i-485 application because I didn't have any way of including him since we got married after my approval. Now it seems that USCIS is processing applications faster than we all imagined, and I want to know if there is anything I can do before my i485 is approved. Has anyone had similar issues? Can anyone help me?

I appreciate all your inputs! Thanks!

MGTgrl said:
Biometrics is scheduled for 2/15/2006. I was suprised to hear from USCIS this soon as I was expecting it around 2016 (according to the USCIS website) :confused: ! I appreciate all your inputs! Thanks!

Please do not get too excited. It is just biometrics.

To Compiler: No, my i-485 is still pending. I just sent it last December. I just want to know if I can add my husband on it or do something before the processing of my i-485 starts/is completed. We were not married when my aslylum was approved.

To Rakasa: By the way, about being excited about i-485, I have heard so many good news about the pace of i-485 applications (especially for aslylum cases and applications filed in 2005). For example, a cousin of mine got his GC in 7 months (he sent his I-485 early 2005) I want to be optimistic and positive about it if not, I don't know how I can wait until 2016!!!

Thanks for your replies!!