HELP!!! I-485 denied

jam007

Registered Users (C)
I filed I-140/485 Aug 13, 2004. No info about I-140 status, but today i got the letter that shows my case was denied. I didn't understand what it talked about. I appreciate it if someone could explain what's happen to me and what i need to do next. Below is the some parts of the letter:

Dear xxxx:
You filed Application to Register Residence or Adjust Status (Form i-485) under section of the Immigration and Nationality Act. Title 8, Code of Federal Regulations, Part 245.2(a)(2)(i) states:

Before an application for adjustment of status under section 245 of the Act may be considered properly filed, a visa must be immediatedly available. If a visa would be immediately available unon approval of a visa petition, the application will not be considered properly filed unless such petition has first been approved. If immediate ealative petition filed for classification under section 201(b)(2)(A)(i) of the Act or a preference petition filed for classification under section 203(a0 of the Act is submitted simultaneously with the adjustment application, the adjustment application shall be retained for processing only if approval of the visa petition would make a visa immediately available at the time of filing the adjustment application. If the visa petition is subsequently approved, the date of filing the adjustment application shall be deemed to be the date on which teh accompanying petition was filed.

The immigrant visa petition filed in your behalf by xxxx company was denied.

Absebt evidence that you are entitled to any other immigrant classification, youe app. must be, and hereby is denied.

The regulations do not provide for an appeal from this decision.

I 485 denied in Texas Service Center

I filed for my I 140 and I 485 thru my previous employer. My I 140 got approved in March 2004. I changed jobs in May 2004 (>6 months of filing I 485) using AC 21 (using a new lawyer I filed for the renewal of my EAD/AP in November 2004. I received denial letter on Dec 31 2004 for both EAD/AP (for self and wife) stating that I 485 was denied on August 31st 2004. Neither I nor my new lawyer received any notification on I 485 denial. My new lawyer is trying to contact the old lawyer to see if they have received it. Presenlty we dont even know why I 485 was denied. How should I proceed at this point? Any advise would useful. Thanks,
jayanrag

Check with your old lawyer whether your previous employer has withdrawn the apprved I-140 ? If the withdrawl was after 180 days of filing I-485 then you are safe.

I have sent you a personal message. Please check it also.

il_labor