Help ! I - 485 application stuck due to ITIN Number for spouse

v v

Does anyone know if it is absolutely necessary to have an ITIN (Income Tax Identification Number) for my spouse in order for her to apply for a I-485. I got married after my I-485 was applied for and my priority date should be current next month (FP already done) and it turns out that there is a 8-10 week backlog for processing ITIN number from the IRS (glory to the American way!) which would mean there is a risk that I could potentially get approved before I am able to add her as a derivative. Are there any other options I can pursue?

No Title

I think you can apply for your wife\'s GCwithout even ITIN or Soc
Security numbers. Think about lot of those who get their GC when
outside US and come here and get their SSN..

No Title

You need not to get ITIN for her . I think with out that you can
go for her I-485.

I am also in the same boat & if you get any more info then please let me know .

This is email id shamaj123@hotmail.com
pd:eek:ct\'1999
nd;jan\'2001
fp done;april\'2001
And plannong to include my spouse .

You need to file her I-485 before your I-485 get approved.

Thanks,
Shama

No Title

See this query (from Murthy Chat) if it can help you...

sampath11 : hello murthy!! I got my 485 approval 2 weeks back just when i was planning to file for my wife. I got married a month back and my wife is here on her on her own H1visa. I heard about follow to join. What should we do?

SPEAKER_Attorney_Murthy : Your spouse can file for I-485, or when you go to get the PP stamped file the I-824 or ask the INS officer to send the file to the foreign country consulate so that the spouse can enter riding on your GC approval. You got married prior