Help ! Help !! Help !!!

AnuD

Registered Users (C)
hi gurus !

RD last week july 2002.
ND first week august 2002.
EAD, AP received.

Project over and I am likely to be terminated ...
What should I do ? Go back ?
What are my options ?
Could it be problem ?
What is my staus ?

Thanks in Advance.

Use your EAD

to get a similar job...you have about 6 -9 months to search for a job..........
Just don't panic

Keep quiet to INS. Looking for a job immidiently! I saw similar cases like yours got approved finally.

You are fully in status as you are an adjustee awaiting for decision on I485. You are authorized to work as you have an I485. so look for similar job and good luck.

Above all, don't panic and take it easy with positive attitude. Try to also negotiate for extension of project or to get employed by client directly.

In case of actually end up getting laid off try to negotiate unpaid leave of absence until you reach 180+ days from RD and then have your company issue the official lay off notice. In the meantime start looking for a new, similar job.

Don't give up..

AnuD,

Make sure you hang on till you cross 180 days get over with your current employer by even taking Loss of Pay or with an understanding with your employer. Look out for a job asap.

There were a lot of people like you who got GC and you are not the first one. Try hard, be optimistic and don't give up. You have come a long way and very close to 180 days of I-485 and you will be soon eligible for getting GC under AC-21.

Don't plan on going back yet. Make some money while constantly trying for a job. Take help from all your friends and others and use all your sources. Post your resume on all job sites like dice, monster, hotjobs etc. Go to google and look for job sites.

You never know.

Good luck to you.

Do not worry. Think coolly and work towards your next step of looking for job, planning on other things. Since you already have your EAD/AP, there should not be any problem. If you want to go on a trip, you can do that and can come back using your AP. See if your acquaintances can be of any help or if you can be employed by your friends company. If you use your EAD, a 0$ payroll can be generated and it means you are employed as well. So see if ur friends have a company who can help you with that. They should be ready to give you the letter in case it is needed.

AnuD,

Sorry for asking a question not related to your problem (you have already got good suggestions from others).

By any chance you worked at CMC Ltd. in Mumbai?

Thanks
180DaysGuy
Originally posted by AnuD
hi gurus !

RD last week july 2002.
ND first week august 2002.
EAD, AP received.

Project over and I am likely to be terminated ...
What should I do ? Go back ?
What are my options ?
Could it be problem ?
What is my staus ?

Thanks in Advance.

Thank you very much for all your warm replies gurus !

Helped me quite a lot. Looks like that plastic card is still going to give me some more hectic life style, however, knowing that it is not impossible / gone case - gave a lot relaxation.
Thanks a lot again.

and 180daysguy, I am not from mumbai....

AnuD