help help help ... called uscis ..strange

jk_GC

Registered Users (C)
Guy's,
this is strange.. i gave my first fp on Mar'19 2005 and case got approved on June 30th 2005 and waiting for biometric notice for card processing.

Since 60 days passed, just end up a call with NCS help desk .. officer(?) was very friendly he asked me wait for couple of minutes and came up with ... i supposed to get this notice in March but some reason they did't send it .. (he laughed and told me that don't ask him why?), and told me that he will be sending the SAME (dated in March) notice today and asked me to follow the instructions on the notice and take action. I asked him can i go Local Service Center and give the biometrics using that notice .. he told me that do what ever notice says .. i asked him what was on the notice .. he told me that its too lengthy and he cannot read .... .. So what is going on .. Can i go to the service center and ask them to take my BM by showing the this notice?. Guy's .. i was little worried about this situation .. please shed some light, how to handle this ... Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
jk_GC said:
Guy's,
this is strange.. i gave my first fp on Mar'19 2005 and case got approved on June 30th 2005 and waiting for biometric notice for card processing.

Since 60 days passed, just end up a call with NCS help desk .. officer(?) was very friendly he asked me wait for couple of minutes and came up with ... i supposed to get this notice in March but some reason they did't send it .. (he laughed and told me that don't ask him why?), and told me that he will be sending the SAME (dated in March) notice today and asked me to follow the instructions on the notice and take action. I asked him can i go Local Service Center and give the biometrics using that notice .. he told me that do what ever notice says .. i asked him what was on the notice .. he told me that its too lengthy and he cannot read .... .. So what is going on .. Can i go to the service center and ask them to take my BM?. Guy's .. i was little worried about this situation .. please shed some light, how to handle this ... Thanks
I think just wait for the notice and see what it is.

You can't just walk upto the local office & ask them to do biometrics - doesn't work that way.

Its been 60+ days -- so what's a few more days ? Be patient and you'll soon know about this "mystery" notice !!

Thanks

max2k1 said:
I think just wait for the notice and see what it is.

You can't just walk upto the local office & ask them to do biometrics - doesn't work that way.

Its been 60+ days -- so what's a few more days ? Be patient and you'll soon know about this "mystery" notice !!

Thanks for the reply !

What, i have to do if they send me the same notice that i got in March .. which was for regular Finger Printing, do i have to ignore it as my case already got approved. if i do that .. when am i going to get BM code 2 for card processing?. As there was no response from the erlier notice .. . how they know that they have to send me the BM code 2 notice?.

It might be another biometrics notice, but that's still good. DO NOT ignore it, it will be used for your card, or at least trigger your card order. so do what they ask you to do. I thought if people did FP after April, 2005, they will not need biometrics after they got approved. you did yours in March, so you may need do it again. good luck!

does anydody know if child under 10 need biometrics for her card?????? my daughter waited more 70 days since I485 approved, no biometrics notice yet, so I wonder ..... does she need biometrics processing for her card????

Thanks

please help me..

jk_gc,

Could you please provide me the contact mumber you called to talk to customer service agent. I am trying to reach the customer service by calling 1-800-375-5283 and i am not getting any option to talk to customer service agent.

Thanks in advance.
email2sai2003

Phone

email2sai2003 said:
jk_gc,

Could you please provide me the contact mumber you called to talk to customer service agent. I am trying to reach the customer service by calling 1-800-375-5283 and i am not getting any option to talk to customer service agent.

Thanks in advance.
email2sai2003

800-375-5283
1 for english
options : 1 4 3 6 these options for already approved cases but no biometrics or card since 60 days.

Got the strange notice

Friends ,
got the notice today for BM code 2, dated 8-30-2005 and asked to go ASC on 3-3-2005 (?????). what to do now?. Do i have to re-schedule it or give a try at ASC. What are the best days and times to go ACS to give BM with out having proper appointmrnt. Thanks

jk_GC said:
Friends ,
got the notice today for BM code 2, dated 8-30-2005 and asked to go ASC on 3-3-2005 (?????). what to do now?. Do i have to re-schedule it or give a try at ASC. What are the best days and times to go ACS to give BM with out having proper appointmrnt. Thanks
Just go to your ASC early in the morning -- check when they open & go at about that time.
Do this ASAP.

Most places allow you to walk-in if they are not too crowded -- post your ASC name and someone can share their experience.

Detroit

max2k1 said:
Just go to your ASC early in the morning -- check when they open & go at about that time.
Do this ASAP.

Most places allow you to walk-in if they are not too crowded -- post your ASC name and someone can share their experience.
max2k1,
I am from detroit .. i read some body's posting that Wed/Saturday's afternoon would be good ... going by tomorrow after-noon. Thanks for reply.

BM done !

jk_GC said:
Guy's,

Since 60 days passed, just end up a call with NCS help desk .. officer(?) was very friendly he asked me wait for couple of minutes and came up with ... i supposed to get this notice in March but some reason they did't send it .. (he laughed and told me that don't ask him why?), and told me that he will be sending the SAME (dated in March) notice today and asked me to follow the instructions on the notice and take action. I asked him can i go Local Service Center and give the biometrics using that notice .. he told me that do what ever notice says .. i asked him what was on the notice .. he told me that its too lengthy and he cannot read .... .. So what is going on .. Can i go to the service center and ask them to take my BM by showing the this notice?. Guy's .. i was little worried about this situation .. please shed some light, how to handle this ... Thanks

Friends,
Went to ASC today at 2 PM and shown my BM notice, which was showing my appointment as 3-3-2005, he laughed and allowed me to give my BM. So .. what ever happend happend for my best .. otherwise i would have waited for another 2 months at least.

No LUD nor status update yet! Did anybody get card with out status update?, how much time will it takes to get my card?. How important is status change at this stage?. Thanks guy's.

Last edited by a moderator:
jk_GC said:
Friends,
Went to ASC today at 2 PM and shown my BM notice, which was showing my appointment as 3-3-2005, he laughed and allowed me to give my BM. So .. what ever happend happend for my best .. otherwise i would have waited for another 2 months at least.

No LUD nor status update yet! Did anybody get card with out status update?, how much time will it takes to get my card?. How important is status change at this stage?. Thanks guy's.

jk_GC,

My wife approval notice just ask her to make an appointment with ASC for biometrics. Where you see code 2? What they did? Did they take 10 finger prints or just index finger print?

Thanks.
reachsky

Biomat 2 - Right hand index finger printing + Photo + Digital Signature

reachsky said:
jk_GC,

My wife approval notice just ask her to make an appointment with ASC for biometrics. Where you see code 2? What they did? Did they take 10 finger prints or just index finger print?

Thanks.
reachsky