Help! Has my 485 been approved or not?

freeskyline

Registered Users (C)
My 485 was submitted in Aug 2004. TSC. Just received the following email from CIS:

"Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On March 10, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

My online case status on CIS web site has also been changed as above.

What does this mean? My 485 has been approved? What document is CIS sending to me?

Thanks.

freeskyline said:
Thanks! I got my FP notice in Feb. If this is another FP notice that they just sent out, I don't know why.

Does it mean your FP has been done or it is scheduled u are waiting to go?

if already FP done than be hopeful for Approval.

kevin110042 said:
No news for I140 and no FP (but scheduled). Got following message from online status for my 485.

>On March 11, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration >of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

What does it mean? Thank you for your help.

its weired .. be hopeful for FP.

PrinceofJungle said:
Does it mean your FP has been done or it is scheduled u are waiting to go?

if already FP done than be hopeful for Approval.

FP hasn't been done yet. But has been scheduled and I will go for it next week. I consulted a lawyer online just now and his response was:"Yes, approved".

And I also called CIS and they said it looked like the case had been approved.

It's weird so I think PrinceOfJungle is right: it might be just a FP notice.

freeskyline said:
FP hasn't been done yet. But has been scheduled and I will go for it next week. I consulted a lawyer online just now and his response was:"Yes, approved".

And I also called CIS and they said it looked like the case had been approved.

It's weird so I think PrinceOfJungle is right: it might be just a FP notice.
Why would a lawyer and CIS say it's approved even though you haven't even done fingerprints?

maybesomeday said:
Why would a lawyer and CIS say it's approved even though you haven't even done fingerprints?

That's why I am so confused. But I heard a case that the applicant got his 485 approved before his FP.

CIS' customer service told me the case "looked like approved" based on the case's online status as I stated in my first post. They interpreted it as "approved" but I doubt it.

maybesomeday said:

If this is actually a FP notice, then that lawyer is very interesting!! And CIS's customer service is interesting too! ; )

freeskyline said:
If this is actually a FP notice, then that lawyer is very interesting!! And CIS's customer service is interesting too! ; )

I believe That INTERESTED attorney would be a unique attorney who is interested other than $$ :D :D .

HTML:
      |\ | |  ||\ \ /(_~     |~)|_~|\/||_~|\/||~)|_~|~)
      |~\|_|/\||~\ | ,_)     |~\|__|  ||__|  ||_)|__|~\

\ //~\| |    |\ |~)|_~    | ||\ ||/~\| ||_~
          | \_/\_/    |~\|~\|__    \_/| \||\_X\_/|__

(J U S T   L I K E   E V E R Y O N E   E L S E)
       _____         _____         _____         _____
     .'     '.     .'     '.     .'     '.     .'     '.
    /  o   o  \   /  o   o  \   /  o   o  \   /  o   o  \
   |           | |           | |           | |           |
   |  \     /  | |  \     /  | |  \     /  | |  \     /  |
    \  '---'  /   \  '---'  /   \  '---'  /   \  '---'  /
     '._____.'     '._____.'     '._____.'     '._____.'

Good Luck

Interpretation Help

We also received same LUD

"On March 14, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued."

My husband has to go for FP on April 13
Medical also not done yet...

I have not received FP notice yet.

So now I am also confused...What to interpret :confused:

=========================
140 AD : 02/11/05
485 filing date : 07/09/05
EB3
TSC

looooong time ago....didnt this mean that AP was approved and not exactly the 485? I got this message in 2001 and 2002 when my AP was approved...when the 485 was approved, it clearly said...This case has been approved...

Madhav

Hey Mad Par, nice to know that you are still around. Howz life as PR.

Getting back to the interpretation of the message:
This message seems to appear when something is directly mailed to the applicant (as opposed to mailing it to the attorney). But that "something" could be any of the following for I-485 cases.

1) FP Notice
2) Approval
3) RFE
4) Response to your inquiry

As Mad Par said, for AP cases it most probably is the approval.

sorry i forgot my password for few days..life as PR is good...changed jobs...dont really care abt any crap...i guess it is just like what u want to do when u want to do..:)

How do we do a AILA inquiry

dinnu said:
Hey Mad Par, nice to know that you are still around. Howz life as PR.

Getting back to the interpretation of the message:
This message seems to appear when something is directly mailed to the applicant (as opposed to mailing it to the attorney). But that "something" could be any of the following for I-485 cases.

1) FP Notice
2) Approval
3) RFE
4) Response to your inquiry

As Mad Par said, for AP cases it most probably is the approval.

Hello Dinnu,

How and who does an AILA inquiry? Is there a specific criteria that needs to be complete before an inquiry can be initiated?

My wife and I had a RFE on our I-485 for proof of legal status. We responded and CIS acknowledged it. But no further action since then.

Thanks,
rsns1

Got the same message

While checking uscis website got the following message

Current Status:

On March 10, 2005, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

I had my second FP done on Feb 25, 2005. Also last week i got the FP notice that was originally send to my old address. This FP has a stamp of 3/10/05. But i already did a FP based on the notice that was exactly same send to my attorney. When i called the USCIS they said that looks like case has been approved and USCIS is just waiting to match the FP. She says that this message shows up when all the things for a 485 case has been done and USCIS is just waiting on finger prints to be done. Any update on this message from others will help.

See Dinnu's message on March 16 in this thread. Your message could be either about approval or rfe (assuming that you haven't sent them any formal inquiry) But given what the lady said to you over the phone, I don't think you'll be getting a rfe. I smell approval!!

I know when USCIS approved your case. The message they sent read like

"This case has been approved. On Month, Date, 200X, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update...."

My LUD never changed since my first FP. That means they did not update the message very often depends on the case officer. So everything is possible for your case, but I only believe the postal approval notice.

my online status read the same, for FP.

cody

I 140 AD 8/03
I 485 RD 1/04, AD ?
FP 3/26