Help!! - had interview today - neither A or B checked on N-652

INCorUSC

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

so I had N-400 interview today, applied based on 8+ yrs of cont. stay in US. I passed the tests though officer said that 'they'll mail me decision via mail'. neither A or B was checked. When I asked 'is my application approved'. She said she'll review it for completeness and then send decision via mail.

2 things are checked on the form 1. Passed the tests 2. decision will be sent via mail.

Anyone else went thru this? how soon\late did you get the response? How can I check status of my application online and what # should I call and how long should I wait?

Only thing that in N-400 form was changed was my travel to India has one day difference in return date (made total of 26 days instead of 25 -- an honest mistake from my side).

I'm going nuts with application not being approved today!. appreciate any help.

The IO checked the "decision cannot be made" box since your case file needed to be reviewed. Give it at least 30 days from interview before you start inquiring about your case status.

Actually IO did not check either A(approved) or B(decision can not be made)..it just said that 'USCIS will send you a written decision about your application'.

Apart from not getting the approval today, do you have any other reasons to be concerned based on the tone / discussion points of the interview.
If not, just hold tight.

Hi All,

so I had N-400 interview today, applied based on 8+ yrs of cont. stay in US. I passed the tests though officer said that 'they'll mail me decision via mail'. neither A or B was checked. When I asked 'is my application approved'. She said she'll review it for completeness and then send decision via mail.

2 things are checked on the form 1. Passed the tests 2. decision will be sent via mail.

Anyone else went thru this? how soon\late did you get the response? How can I check status of my application online and what # should I call and how long should I wait?

Only thing that in N-400 form was changed was my travel to India has one day difference in return date (made total of 26 days instead of 25 -- an honest mistake from my side).

I'm going nuts with application not being approved today!. appreciate any help.

Please share your interview experience.
Thanks!

The officer I won't say was 'friendly' though was not 'un-friendly' either. tone of the voice was very casual. She said 'I just need to review your application for completeness and then send you written notice and oath letter via mail'.

Only thing that (I think) she may wanna be checking is that I got divorced Jan this yr and my GC was thru my ex. though my marriage last ~11 yrs so am hoping they wouldn't think of that as a fake marriage.. but oh well....lets see what happens.

Interview experience was okay. I reached 10 mins early and was called almost immediately..she was me 6 ques, all were correct..asked simple read\write things that I did. and she checked 'passed' on all tests.

I hope your situation gets resolved very soon,
Were there many questions on your previous marriage? When you got married, and why you go divorced? Any children involved? Have you been divorced before, and etc?
What state are you in?

I'm in CA and this was SFO.

She asked me about my kid and who has custody of kid and I answered it correctly, she asked me where does my ex lives and I answered that. That's all she asked. She asked me 3 times 'are you divorced' and I answered affirmative each time. May be she wanted to check about child support etc I've everything current for that, so that should not cause any problem for me, I'm sure.

Will keep everyone posted, I'm just worrying worrying and worrying right now :( and bit mad at UCSIS officer as well..:mad:

So, you have a child from your previous marriage that just ended in January? Is that a child from another marriage?

I also had my interview at San Francisco DO on April 8, 2010. The officer checked the exact same lines on the N-652 as yours. As of today, I have not received my oath letter. I went to an infopass appointment on 5/13 and all they could tell me was that the post interview review of my case began on May 7 (a full month after my interview) and they were still working on it. The only unusal thing on my application was that I was arrested 15 years ago for underage drinking...but that should not be a reason for a major delay.

This is probably not what you want to hear, but don't get too upset if there is a delay as the SF DO seems to be very slow.

Thanks alvargs for sharing. It is too frustating when she didn;t ask for any info and just said 'I'll review your application for completness'..oh well...please keep me posted on your case. I'll do the same for mine.

Keeping fingers crossed.