Help!!!! H1-B and I-485

helenharbour

Registered Users (C)
I just got my H1-B approval notice yesterday, which won’t become effective until October 1st, 2004.

My husband is applying Green Card (concurrent filing I-140 and I-485) and I will apply I-485 together with him.We plan to submit the application this month.

I heard there is a law called “Last Act”, and when my I-485 application is received, on October 1st, I may

Become not qualify for H1-B, hence my status will totally become I-485 pending without H1-B.

So my questions are:

1.Between now and October 1st, is it still possible for my H1-b got denied or turned down?
2.Will the I-485 application influence a pre-approved-yet-not-effective H1-B application?
3.What should I do?

Thanks very much for helping and I am looking forward to your replying…

helenharbour said:
I just got my H1-B approval notice yesterday, which won’t become effective until October 1st, 2004.

My husband is applying Green Card (concurrent filing I-140 and I-485) and I will apply I-485 together with him.We plan to submit the application this month.
-----File it ASAP

I heard there is a law called “Last Act”, and when my I-485 application is received, on October 1st, I may
----H1B and I-485 both are diffrent petitions
Become not qualify for H1-B, hence my status will totally become I-485 pending without H1-B.
---- you will be AOS pending and H1B

So my questions are:

1.Between now and October 1st, is it still possible for my H1-b got denied or turned down?
--- at top you wrote at top you got H1 approved,
2.Will the I-485 application influence a pre-approved-yet-not-effective H1-B application?
3.What should I do?

*** once I-485 is filed and you recive the filing reciept you will be AOS pending and If H1 also approved before I-485 filing or after I-485 filing it will be also valid

Thanks very much for helping and I am looking forward to your replying…