Help Gurus - Question abt Immi Status???

desi_gc

Registered Users (C)
Do we have to provide with all the I797, I-94 to prove the immigrant status????
I don't have all the copies of all I-94's with me, will that cause any problems???
Your feed back is highly appreciated. Thanks

Any Ideas????

Please input if you have any idea of such situations??? is it something i need to worry abt???

thanks

Desi_GC

I got an RFE to provide documents of non-immigrant status and any employment authorization since last lawful admission into US.

The documents I gave them were :
Copies of I-797 (H1b approval notices with the bottom tear off portion containing the new I-94)

You need to also make copies of your I-94 attached to your passport both front and back, any status valid or expired.

Copies of EAD if any

Tax returns since the last lawful admission in my case 1998 thru 2001.

Copies of paystubs 1999, 2000, 2001 & 2002. I selected 3 for 1999, 2000 & 2001 randomly and gave the last three paystubs for 2002.

Have a home so property tax for last 2 years.

If you go thru the RFE doc it talks about document which include credit card statements, utility bills, rent receipts.

All they want to be sure is that you have maintained your status since you came into the country.

Cheers

ColsEB444

Provide the I-94s that you have

When I applied for 485 my lawyer also asked me to fill up a
"Status,Entry/Departure sheet". I filled the latest I94 # that I had and indicated as "not available" for other entry/departures.

It is quite understandable (per lawyer) as I94s are returned on departure. Anyways if INS needs it they will issue an RFE and
all that we have to do is send them copies of the passport.

kramaswa

colseb444,

Is the non-immigrant status checked only starting on the last lawful admission into U.S. ?
Or do they also ask for documentation before your last lawful admission when you get an RFE like this?

thanks.

Thanks everybody

thanks guys for ur replies. it now gives me some relief as i was worried abt it. Thanks a bunch..

colseb444,

Is the last lawful admission the date of the last I-94 I received when entering the country for the last time?

Or the date I got my H1-B stamped?

Thanks,

Suresh

Suresh_Colo:
Yes the last admission date is the date stamped onyour I-94 /Passport when you entered US the last time.

Cheers

ColsEB4444