Help!! FP notice came after FP appointment time

Hidimba

Registered Users (C)
My wife received the FP notice at 3:30PM today. The notice says that FP appointment was today at 12:00 Noon. They have posted on 12th but due to MLK holiday it was delivered today. USCIS is great.

What can we do?

If we mail the letter now for rescheduling with those option checked then how long it will take get FP appointment again? If she goes to DO office will it make faster?

Please help

Instead of re-scheduling, try going there on the next possible day and get it done. If the ASC is not crowded they will let you do it. Avoid going on Saturdays as on Saturday's the ASC are generally crowded.

Hidimba said:
My wife received the FP notice at 3:30PM today. The notice says that FP appointment was today at 12:00 Noon. They have posted on 12th but due to MLK holiday it was delivered today. USCIS is great.

What can we do?

If we mail the letter now for rescheduling with those option checked then how long it will take get FP appointment again? If she goes to DO office will it make faster?

Please help

I hope USCIS does not send your wife a denial notice because she did not take the FP. I would suggest your wife going to ASC first thing tomorrow morning.

Hidimba said:

What can we do?

Please help

She should go there and have her FP taken a.s.a.p.

Several cases of FP on different date

Hidimba,

You should definitely just go and appear to be Fingerprinted.
Among all the steps, the FP is a 'rough' date and they tend to be flexible with it. Look through these forums and you will see that there are lots of people that got the FP done a few days early because they were traveling or whatever other reason.

Also the FP is taken by staffers and they are not too stringent about the appt time especially if the center is not too busy. Most people on this forum suggested that there was hardly any rush.

Interview, oath dates etc. are very firm dates because its with an officer (as opposed to a staffer) and also paperwork gets done and forms get issued (as opposed to FP which is electronic transmission only).

I am sure they will be understanding and accomodating. Make sure you go tomorrow first thing.

Kane

My wife had the same problem in Miami...she was scheduled the day Katrina hit and later we got the letter one day after the FP date. She went to the agency and they didn't create any problem...take your mail with the date it was posted (probably too close to the FP date) and show at the door... FP can be taken some days later of the set date at least here in Miami. Try to go there first and only if not work ask for a reschedule at your DO. Try... it may pay of.

Good Luck

PD: 02/05
FP: 04/05
Interview: 09/05
Oath: 12/05 (journey is over)

Hidimba said:

What can we do?

Please help
I don't think you should be worried. Usually, the fingerprinting notice says that if you can't show up on the specified date, you can appear on any Wednesday after that till about 2 months after the specified date.

Please read the notice again and you might find that written down, even if you don't find that, you can go as soon as possible, and your wife should be fine.

Keep us posted please, and good luck!

Jasmin

Thanks guys,

I will take my wife to FP office in the today afternoon and let see what happens. Otherwise I have write a letter to them.

Just wanted to give an update.

Went to FP office with my wife. USCIS didn't even ask about the appointment date. Everything went smoothly and we are out by 30 mins. You guys are great.

Hidimba, Can you please post your wife's timelines for the N 400 application and Whats her DO and service center???.

I have applied in Dec and might go for a vacation in feb...worried that I might miss my FP

Lp

Last edited by a moderator:
Hidimba said:

Went to FP office with my wife. USCIS didn't even ask about the appointment date. Everything went smoothly and we are out by 30 mins. You guys are great.
Great news, Glad to hear that!
Did your notice say you can go any Friday after that appointment.

I like how you fast updated us!

Jasmin

Hidimba said:

I'm always telling to myself when things like this happens:

Don't panic, for any problem there is a remedy!

I think all of us shoud go by this rule.

Hidimba said:

I know you are from Atanta, was ASC crowded? was walk-in easy? When we went for our FP during N400 process, it was crowded and have to wait for few hours.

My parents have to go in couple of weeks for their FP. To avoid the rush, may be my parents shud try on a less crowded aternate day.

Thanks,