Help. Form I-90 question.

vkmm

Registered Users (C)
Could anyone who has filed form I-90 for incorrect data on green card(specifically DOB, or any other) please share their experiences. What needs to be sent and how(mail or personal visit to INS) etc. Thanks.

Re:Form I-90 Question

They got my name wrong on the card.
I took a ton of info to prove what my real name was - I485 approval notice, I140 approval notice, birth cert, affidavit from mom/dad, bak statements ..... The more docs you have , the better. Go to the local office and fill out an I-90. I applied on Aug 15 or something. Still waiting.

could we use the appointment line for this or do we have to use the regular line ?

We got our green card through consular processing in June 2001. Physical cards were received in Novemeber 2001. We noticed in my wife's card that there was an error in her first name.

We filed an I-90 at the local INS at Newark, NJ in December. No news since. Called VSC several times and they dont even have a record of the application being submitted. Since my wife is pregnant and due next month and her I-551 stamp expires in December, we are in a fix.

VSC suggested we talk to our congressman to speed it up. Our congressman contacted the INS and found out that the INS had lost the I-90 application and that we have to reapply again.

We already submitted her original card with the old application. Now we have to physically go there again to resubmit the I-90. Can some experienced people comment and provide suggestions.

On a separate note, we are also worried about passing through the metal detector when she is pregnant. In a real fix, would appreciate any comments or suggestions

Thanks

I 90 question

Prakash ,

Any update on your I-90 application ? . I have applied for Data correction on my GC . I m wondering how long does this take to process.

Keep us posted on your application

Thanks
cpchennai

Not yet recvd

I submitted the I-90 in Aug 2002. No sign yet of any card or info. My guess - they've lost it. Will have to renew my pp stamp in may. Will ask them abt it then.

My first card (spring 2001) had the wrong COB
My second card (March 2002 - it took 10 Months to get the second one) again had the wrong COB (total losers)
I am still waiting for my third card. I actually called the TSC after a year and made sure that the COB in their file was correct. Of course, they still had the wrong COB... Anyway, the TSC's I90 processing date is April 10th 2002 since last fall - yes, its one of their arbitrary processing halts again. My PP has many, many I551 stamps and I hope that this won't cause problems with traveling...

But: the BCIS will offer electronic filing of I90s starting on May 29th 2003 with pictures and fingerprints taken electronically at an ASC. I'll try my luck via this route and hope that this elusive card will finally show up without any errors...