Help for Interim EAD in Newark

needhelp1

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,
I have applied my Third EAD application with VSC on Dec 13th 2004 and I have completed 90 calender days and it is still not approved yet.

My present EAD is going to expire 03/18/05 and Ten days back, I have initiated a status enquiry on EAD and nothing happended yet and when I called VSC today, the lady told me that it is in line for adjudication.

I am think of going to Newark for interim EAD, so do I need to take Infopass appointment or I can just walk in and also what documents are needed. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Yes, I think you need a Infopass, that is what one of my friends did.

Let us know how does it go.

Cheers!

I didn't need an Infopass when I went last year..

I too went to Newark for an interim EAD around Apr 2004. You don't need an appt. but you spend hours moving from one queue to another. You need all your docs plus your previous EAD, SSN, PP etc. I went around 6 in morn and was out by around 4:30 pm...

I am planning to go on 17th to newark office to get IEAD. I took appointment at 8AM. Should I need to go earlier than 6 AM. How long does it take to get the IEAD.

Thanks for your reply. Can you please give the list of documents needed as I don't want to waste one full day of working day and also can I go on Saturday.

winny1971 said:
I too went to Newark for an interim EAD around Apr 2004. You don't need an appt. but you spend hours moving from one queue to another. You need all your docs plus your previous EAD, SSN, PP etc. I went around 6 in morn and was out by around 4:30 pm...

I have done two weeks ago...

I have done two weeks ago. you need Reciept notice and if you can get the copy of original forms that helps but not must.

You have to take infopass in NJ, it took about 1 hour..

good luck..

Thanks amurat. Its nice to hear that it took just one hour. Actually I took info pass appointment and I got March 29th 2005 and my EAD is expiring on March 18th. So I have to now go on the coming Monday and try my luck.

Good Luck to you too.
amurat said:
I have done two weeks ago. you need Reciept notice and if you can get the copy of original forms that helps but not must.

You have to take infopass in NJ, it took about 1 hour..

good luck..

I took infopass appointment on 03/17/2005 at 8 AM,Newark office for IEAD. What is the best time to get into the queue.

ravvap said:
I took infopass appointment on 03/17/2005 at 8 AM,Newark office for IEAD. What is the best time to get into the queue.

They won't let you in b4 7:45 AM.

Hi, Friends:

How many infopass appointments do I need for me and my wife? I just made one on March 31.

Thanks for reply!

Please share your exp.

I am also in similar situation. Mine is expiring on 03/25. I'll have to go before 25th.

needhelp1 said:
Thanks amurat. Its nice to hear that it took just one hour. Actually I took info pass appointment and I got March 29th 2005 and my EAD is expiring on March 18th. So I have to now go on the coming Monday and try my luck.

Good Luck to you too.

I went to Newark Local INS office, but the supervisor has refused to give me the interim EAD without InfoPass appointment and when she looked into the system for infopass there was none available at that time.
I had to argue with the officer, but she was very rude and she also took me to her boss who said the same thing and even though I mentioned to them that my EAD is expiring as of yesterday and I have applied the EAD and its more than 90 days, even then they didn't listen and I was asked to leave and come back again with proper appointment.

So I strongly suggest you to not to go and waste time without infopass appointment.

GC092002 said:
I am also in similar situation. Mine is expiring on 03/25. I'll have to go before 25th.

Very sorry to hear your story. So, what are you going to do?

We can't work without EAD for single day....
This can't be true.....
Infopass is not available on USCIS site also....
What to do now? any number to call newark office?

needhelp1 said:
I went to Newark Local INS office, but the supervisor has refused to give me the interim EAD without InfoPass appointment and when she looked into the system for infopass there was none available at that time.
I had to argue with the officer, but she was very rude and she also took me to her boss who said the same thing and even though I mentioned to them that my EAD is expiring as of yesterday and I have applied the EAD and its more than 90 days, even then they didn't listen and I was asked to leave and come back again with proper appointment.

So I strongly suggest you to not to go and waste time without infopass appointment.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually called VSC and talked to an IIO about it, but he told me that since I am not able to get the interim EAD because of local office rules, I have right to work till I am given an Infopass Appointment and also since the processing on EAD is delay beyond 90 days.
When I called my lawyer he said that technically I am not suppossed to work, but since these are grey areas especially with this new rules, he asked to me to continue working.

I am going to work now no matter what ever happens as I am really fed up with this injustice done to us............
GC092002 said:
We can't work without EAD for single day....
This can't be true.....
Infopass is not available on USCIS site also....
What to do now? any number to call newark office?

Thanks again for reply.

Now, I am relaxed. I am going to talk to an IIO right away.

needhelp1 said:
I actually called VSC and talked to an IIO about it, but he told me that since I am not able to get the interim EAD because of local office rules, I have right to work till I am given an Infopass Appointment and also since the processing on EAD is delay beyond 90 days.
When I called my lawyer he said that technically I am not suppossed to work, but since these are grey areas especially with this new rules, he asked to me to continue working.

I am going to work now no matter what ever happens as I am really fed up with this injustice done to us............

Need your help again...

How the 90 days period count? from RD or ND? I had one problem in my EAD application. I sent wrong (closed account) check for filling fee. Later on I was contacted and I paid the fee right away on phone. This way, I got another recipt notice which has RD 12/14/04 same as RD of my main EAD application. But ND is 01/19/05 in the second notice which was 12/22/04 in main-first notice.
I called VSC and a lady told me that now I should count 90 days from 01/19/05. Now I am nowhere. What should I do? Should I talk to my HR here, though they have not contacted me regarding my expiring EAD.

I have also initiated status enquiry for my I-485 case and this EAD I-765 case as processing time has passed my RD.

Please share your knowledge. any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

needhelp1 said:

I think you should consider the RD as your date for 90 days. So now that your 90 days have passed, try to take infopass appointment and take the first receipt notice as well as the second one and then you show the first one to the IIO at Newark and ask for interim EAD. Informing HR or not is your decision, but if you inform HR, then you will have to be prepared to handle the situation as HR doesn't like to employ people without proper work permit or documents. So its your call!

GC092002 said:
How the 90 days period count? from RD or ND? I had one problem in my EAD application. I sent wrong (closed account) check for filling fee. Later on I was contacted and I paid the fee right away on phone. This way, I got another recipt notice which has RD 12/14/04 same as RD of my main EAD application. But ND is 01/19/05 in the second notice which was 12/22/04 in main-first notice.
I called VSC and a lady told me that now I should count 90 days from 01/19/05. Now I am nowhere. What should I do? Should I talk to my HR here, though they have not contacted me regarding my expiring EAD.

I have also initiated status enquiry for my I-485 case and this EAD I-765 case as processing time has passed my RD.

Please share your knowledge. any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you, Needhelp1.

Yes, I have taken the first available Infopass appointment and it is on 4th April. I also talked to other people and my co-workers. Everyone agrees abut not informing HR because of the same reason you have given. Anyway, the new EAD card will have validity from expiry date of current EAD so there won't be any gap and that is important.
When is your Infopass appointment?

needhelp1 said:
I think you should consider the RD as your date for 90 days. So now that your 90 days have passed, try to take infopass appointment and take the first receipt notice as well as the second one and then you show the first one to the IIO at Newark and ask for interim EAD. Informing HR or not is your decision, but if you inform HR, then you will have to be prepared to handle the situation as HR doesn't like to employ people without proper work permit or documents. So its your call!

I have infopass appointment on March 29th and my EAD has already expired and hoping that I get my 485 approval soon! Good Luck to you!
GC092002 said:
Yes, I have taken the first available Infopass appointment and it is on 4th April. I also talked to other people and my co-workers. Everyone agrees abut not informing HR because of the same reason you have given. Anyway, the new EAD card will have validity from expiry date of current EAD so there won't be any gap and that is important.
When is your Infopass appointment?

Thanks.

Ohh, I just forgot about I-485 for a second because of EAD problems.
Hope we get 485 approval real soon so EAD journey is over for ever.

Wishing you the best luck.
needhelp1 said:
I have infopass appointment on March 29th and my EAD has already expired and hoping that I get my 485 approval soon! Good Luck to you!