Help filling DS230 form - what is "A" number

ravishankarp

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,
I am filling my DS230 form - at the end of the form when I amf illing the previous residence in the US ... there is a column for "A" number. I was on F1 and H1B visas. So what do I enter in this column?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ravi

Hi Ravi,

I left it blank after consulting with my attorney. So u can leave it blank and don't worry about it.

RKReddy

Originally posted by ravishankarp
Hi all,
I am filling my DS230 form - at the end of the form when I amf illing the previous residence in the US ... there is a column for "A" number. I was on F1 and H1B visas. So what do I enter in this column?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ravi

Originally posted by ravishankarp
Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Ravi

Ravi,

"A" number is "Alien Number". You get alien number once you get green card. If you had green card earlier and discarded it, you need to fill that out..

A Number

Saradao,

I got a A number when I got my F1 Optional Practical Training card after my degree. The OPT approval has it clearly and you cannot miss it. The last line in my H1 Stamp between <<< symbols has the A number as well. Not sure how this is for people with straight H1s.

Originally posted by saradao

Ravi,

"A" number is "Alien Number". You get alien number once you get green card. If you had green card earlier and discarded it, you need to fill that out..