Help!FBI pending after Interview Thanks!!

jimmy777777

Registered Users (C)

Hi Everyone,

After Interview at LA California IO give me N-652 everything seems smoothly
But there are 2 X checks on N-652

1. X You passed the test of English and US history and goverment

2. X No futher action on your part is required at this time. Upon receipt of the below checked boxed, your application can be acted upon.

X Completion of background clearence from the FBI

Did anyone have the same situation ? I think it is kind of weired :(
wanna some expertise from forum friend , any info is greatly appreciated !!

J7

:eek:

where was your interview in LA ? Mine is at EL MONTE on sep 27..I will keep an eye for these notes on my N652....

jimmy777777 said:
Yes. EL MONTE -- PARK PLAZA

Thanks...when was the interview done? was it recent? I read on a diff board that from June 1 CSC only schedules an interview only after the FBI name check/ background check is completed. I had applied for UCI after June 1 and I always assumed my background check is completed.

On a sidenote can u give details of interview like whats questions were asked and docs did you take with you etc? Thanks in advance

Read the forum

jimmy777777 said:

Hi Everyone,

2. X No futher action on your part is required at this time. Upon receipt of the below checked boxed, your application can be acted upon.

J7

Don't you guys read the sticky threads? Please read the thread on namechecks and lawsuits.

E pluribus unum.. You are one of many!

Fight, and you will win!

drgeorge

Agree with drgeorge. You should consider you lucky that you have been interviewed. You can sue them after 120 days. Otherwise you have to wait for a long time for your Name check.

good luck,

Jack

jimmy777777 said:

Hi Everyone,

J7

mnsweeps

Yes, I did interview recently Aug 02 2006 . I don't know anything about how USCIS process its interview/background check time frame.

Interview was going smoothly and they didn't ask me to bring any doc, only notice interview letter and your passport / CA drive license.

Still waiting FBI checking ....

More important I should have asked when did you get the interview letter? was it mailed after June 1 , 2006 or before that?

also can you elaborate on what questions were asked during interview. Did the El Monte office make you comfortable before starting to interview you?

jimmy777777 said:
mnsweeps

Yes, I did interview recently Aug 02 2006 . I don't know anything about how USCIS process its interview/background check time frame.

Interview was going smoothly and they didn't ask me to bring any doc, only notice interview letter and your passport / CA drive license.

Still waiting FBI checking ....

mnsweeps said:
More important I should have asked when did you get the interview letter? was it mailed after June 1 , 2006 or before that?

also can you elaborate on what questions were asked during interview. Did the El Monte office make you comfortable before starting to interview you?
I got my interview letter in June and Interview date is in Aug .
IO will go through your application with you and swear ....
after that IO will get some test questions from the computer ( I believe ) and print it out
there are 10 questions to answer.

Comfortable ? I don't think you wanna repeat that kind of experience ...

Best Luck from J7

background check

i had my interview in Atlanta back in June everything went well the test the paperwork etc only thing that went wrong for me was they told me my background check had not come back to there office.
after a few weeks i emailed the officer who had interviewed me and had also kindly gave me her email address , the check was still not back but she advised me to email her back in a couple of weeks time which i did,this time i recieved a reply .quote from email below.

Good news--your background investigation cleared on Aug. 9. I have recommended your file for approval. Ordinarily, you would be scheduled for an oath ceremony after your file has been reverified (usually takes 4-6 weeks). However, if you would prefer to come back to Atlanta one day this week or next (M-Th), we can try to get you into a ceremony on that day. Please let me know which option you prefer.

i could not make it up there on the timeframe and due to work but i recieved my oath ceremony letter within a week and not the 4-6 weeks quoted , i will take the oath on sept 15th 2006
i also had read that interviews were not conducted until background checks had been returned ,but now i know different

celticbhoy said:
i had my interview in Atlanta back in June everything went well the test the paperwork etc only thing that went wrong for me was they told me my background check had not come back to there office.
after a few weeks i emailed the officer who had interviewed me and had also kindly gave me her email address , the check was still not back but she advised me to email her back in a couple of weeks time which i did,this time i recieved a reply .quote from email below.

Good news--your background investigation cleared on Aug. 9. I have recommended your file for approval. Ordinarily, you would be scheduled for an oath ceremony after your file has been reverified (usually takes 4-6 weeks). However, if you would prefer to come back to Atlanta one day this week or next (M-Th), we can try to get you into a ceremony on that day. Please let me know which option you prefer.

i could not make it up there on the timeframe and due to work but i recieved my oath ceremony letter within a week and not the 4-6 weeks quoted , i will take the oath on sept 15th 2006
i also had read that interviews were not conducted until background checks had been returned ,but now i know different
Congratulationsss!! celticbhoy
Your msg gives us some light in long-dark hole.
When did you finish your interview ? how long will it take from FP-done to FBI clearence ? Thanks/ J7

timeline

thanks for the congrats Jimmy
this is my timeline,
fingerprints done May 11th 2006
interview letter 9 days later.
interview on June 8th 2006
passed all except waiting on background check
recieved email on 12th august telling me background check was recieved and all was well (see my above post)
recieved oath letter August 21st
oath ceremony fri 15th September.

the interview was over in about 15 mins
asked only 6 questions from the list all verbal and no multiple choice
wrote my name ,signed my pics ,read a sentence.
i had all the paper work that you are recommended to take with you all i was asked for was my green card and my passport.
they also go over your n-400 with you .
hope this helps