Help! Emergency! Wired letter received after interview!

Fandalou

Registered Users (C)
Help! Emergency! Weird letter received after interview!

I got a weird letter from Detroit DO today. I passed the interview on Oct. 27th. Got "congratulation..."checked on N-652.

Today's letter asked me to show up next Friday for an "official matter", and to ask for "Duty Adjudication Officer". Reason for appointment is "Naturalization Interview0"(yes, with a zero). I was asked to bring driver's licence, passport, and green card.

After the Oct. 27th interview, I recalled that the officer might forget to ask me to sign the N-400 at the end of the interview. This time they might ask me to sign it before the oath letter.

Please, any one has the same experience? Any input will be greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not the oath letter. I have seen my wife's oath letter, and this one is nothing like the oath letter. Thank you for your reply.

By the way, it is form G-56. It says, "Please come to the office shown below at the time and place indicated in connection with an official matter".

Then the letter shows the location and time. It requires me to "ask for duty adjudication officer". It provides the reason for the appointment is "Naturalization interview0", and asks me to bring my driver's licence, passport, and green card.

Form G-56 is known as 'Records Requests Form' so it might be related to some records they might want from you. Can you schedule an InfoPass and see what it's about?

Because I am waiting for my oath letter for so long, I already made an infopass. The infopass is scheduled just one day before the G-56 interview date. So I will keep the infopass and try to find out what is the purpose of this G-56.

Mr Vertigo, you said Form G-56 is "Records Requests Form". I did pass the interview and everything is fine. This G-56 does not ask for any additional record or any thing.

Any input? Even some guesses are appreciated...

Any input? Even some guesses are appreciated...

Well, like you said, you may have forgotten to sign it. Or you may not have sent a copy of your green card or whatever other document was required in your case and the IO missed it.

I would call USCIS on Monday and ask to speak to a Level II IO and ask them. They might want you to bring evidence and you may not be able to do it within a day.

Remember one thing though. No matter what they tell you on phone,take all documents with you to prove your case. I am not trying to scare you but since they want something and they didn't tell you anything to bring, I would take whatever I can that may be related or supportive of my case like your tax returns, if you had any tickets take the proof that you have paid it off and so on...
Good Luck.

Thank you, Mr Vertigo, nycjordankix, and jimgreener. I will bring all the original documents I brought with me for the first interview.

I will call the 800 number and try to find out what's this for before the infopass. I was just freaked out when I saw this letter rather than the oath invitation. :(

Thanks again...

i recieved the same letter before my oath ceremony and the appointement was the date in the same day of my the oath ceremony and it was because i signed the last two signatures different one of them i forget to write my middle name. i was worried like you , but do not worry.but the reason was resign application

Thank you very much jared21. Your information calms me down. So most probable reason for this G-56 is that the officer forgot to ask me to sign the N-400.

The interview happened too fast, and I just remember that the officer pointed to the signature (I signed when N-400 was filed) at part 11 and asked, "Is this your signature?" I said yes. How ever, I did not remember he asked me to sign part 13 and 14.

I have posted my concern about this matter on this forum some time ago. Now my concern comes true.
http://forums.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=289251

Thank you guys again.

Got my oath letter!!

For those who following my case, here is some updates.

I went to the Infopass yesterday. The clerk checked their system and said my case was still with the officer who interviewed me, and not with some body who arranges oath ceremony. Then I told her my concern that the officer might have forgotten to let me sign my N-400. She walked to another building for 10 minutes, and came back and told me that I was right!!

I was called in and signed my N-400 in front of an officer (not the one who interviewed me). He even said sorry about this. He told me to wait out in the lobby for my oath letter. I waited for 10 minutes and some one handed my oath letter to me.

I am so happy about it. Finally the process is about to end.

Thank you guys.

I went to the Infopass yesterday. The clerk checked their system and said my case was still with the officer who interviewed me, and not with some body who arranges oath ceremony. Then I told her my concern that the officer might have forgotten to let me sign my N-400. She walked to another building for 10 minutes, and came back and told me that I was right!!

I was called in and signed my N-400 in front of an officer (not the one who interviewed me). He even said sorry about this. He told me to wait out in the lobby for my oath letter. I waited for 10 minutes and some one handed my oath letter to me.

Thank you guys.

Good for you. Congratulations.

Thank you guys.

When in doubt - InfoPass! :) Congrats.

Thank you guys.

Congratulations! :) I can understand that it was a very unnerving situation, not knowing for sure what the letter was about.

Kong rats.
phew.... that must have been nerve racking, not knowing who/what screwed up or if anyhting that you have done...

Any ways enjoy

vik_b

Oath ceremony last Friday

Finally I attended the oath ceremony last Friday at Dearborn(west part of Detroit). There were about 250 people plus guests.

Got my naturalization certificate and changed social security card and applied passport same day.

Thank you all, I will stick around for a while at this forum.