Help.... emergency AP

dfagen19

Registered Users (C)
Anyone have experience with appearing in person for AP at local office?? My wife wants to travel ASAP due to a family emergency and we are thinking of going to the Chicago BCIS to get her AP....

Get a letter verifying the emergency. In most cases a fax is authentic evidence. But some service centers send the AP by mail only. So there might be a wait for few days.

Thanks Jaxen

Originally posted by jaxen
Get a letter verifying the emergency. In most cases a fax is authentic evidence. But some service centers send the AP by mail only. So there might be a wait for few days.

Hi

A while ago I obtained AP from Bos office on an urgent basis, enlcosed a letter stating my emergency, and an Itinerary for e-ticket on the same day of application.

The officer asked my how long I am going to stay abroad, I answered a Month, I was given a AP for a Month.

AP approved same day in Chicago

Originally posted by Dec2002485
Hi

A while ago I obtained AP from Bos office on an urgent basis, enlcosed a letter stating my emergency, and an Itinerary for e-ticket on the same day of application.

The officer asked my how long I am going to stay abroad, I answered a Month, I was given a AP for a Month.

Took a fax from India stating nature of medical emergency and an itinerary.. No problems at all. 1 year AP validity.

what other paper you took for AP

dfagen19, what other papers you took for AP, your wife's I-485 is pending in chicago office or it is in NSC.

Hello,
can anybody answer my questions:

My H1B expires on 13-FEB-04. Attorney will be sending my Documents of I-140 and I-485(Concurrent filing),EAD,AP by next weekend to BICS for sure.

1. When can I get my EAD and AP since my H1B is expiring on 13-FEB-04

2. What are the ways I need to be legal after my H1B expiry?

I travel to Europe very often on Job

Please anybody let me know ASAP
Regards

Re: what other paper you took for AP

Originally posted by CAF
dfagen19, what other papers you took for AP, your wife's I-485 is pending in chicago office or it is in NSC.

what other papers you took for AP
Fac verifying emergency, travel itinerary, AP application with photos, Cashiers check for $ 110, I 485 receipt notice, I94 copy and Passport

pending in chicago office - Yes

Originally posted by Sahithi
Hello,
can anybody answer my questions:

My H1B expires on 13-FEB-04. Attorney will be sending my Documents of I-140 and I-485(Concurrent filing),EAD,AP by next weekend to BICS for sure.

1. When can I get my EAD and AP since my H1B is expiring on 13-FEB-04

I travel to Europe very often on Job

Please anybody let me know ASAP
Regards

1. When can I get my EAD and AP since my H1B is expiring on 13-FEB-04 -
Not sure.... Look in the forum for answers and in the home page for processing times. It varies by service center

technically, once you have UR I485 receipt notice, your H1B is not needed for status. However, to work after H1B expires, you need your EAD. Also, I think H1B can be extended in 1 year increments based on AC21 as long as you dont change employers.. confirm this. Not 100% sure.

Hi dfagen19

Hi dfagen19

I am planning to go to San Jose tom for trying emergency AP. I just had some questions for u...

1. Is it necessary to have a cashier check or a normal check will do for the 110$ amount

2. I have Drs letter stating that my mother is sick and needs complete bedrest and stuff. Its a standard letter which is a fax. You think this will suffice...

3. Do I need to take 2 snaps (INS type) for the emergency AP.

PLS ADVISE...Will appreciate your help

Nice guy

Re: Hi dfagen19

Originally posted by Nice_guy73
Hi dfagen19

I am planning to go to San Jose tom for trying emergency AP. I just had some questions for u...

1. Is it necessary to have a cashier check or a normal check will do for the 110$ amount

Cashiers check is your best bet

2. I have Drs letter stating that my mother is sick and needs complete bedrest and stuff. Its a standard letter which is a fax. You think this will suffice...

I think so; also take proof of travel (tickets or itinerary)

3. Do I need to take 2 snaps (INS type) for the emergency AP.

Yes

PLS ADVISE...Will appreciate your help

Nice guy

Last edited by a moderator: