Help- EAD Application

ThakurSahab

Registered Users (C)
Guys,
I need help in finding the right I-765 documnet, the form that I downloaded from INS website wont accept any alphabets in the Social Security column( Col# 9) , I'm trying to key in "N/A" or "NONE" , I'm filling this form for my spouse who is on H-4 visa and does'nt have SSN# ........ Has anyone faced this problem and if so how did you guys resolve it ? Also is it possible to enter her ITIN# inplace of SSN#(Has anyone done this and gotten approved). or you can simply leave it blank ? (which I dont think would be wise to do)

Thank you

Thank you guys, but are you sure that will work ? Have you gooten approved after doing this ? the reason I'm asking this is because a friend of mine printed DS-156(not EAD appl but visa appl) form for his wife and also asked his wife to fill out some columns with hand which she did, the madras consulate returned the application asking them to re-file DS-156 application with one writing(either typed or hand filled not both).

Otherwise leave it blank.
What is ur status in US .if you are dependent , Any way your will ur latest i-797 approval , So highligt ur status(H4/J2 Status) on the approval copy. Do the same in covering letter .Hope that will work.

Good luck

I filled the whole I-765 application by hand (black pen) and got approved without problems.

Thanks to guys who have replied, but I'm still not sure which way to go, so could anyone else help me out with this ?

Thanks a bunch

No, both of us (me & spouse) have SSN.

But, I think INS will understand that you don't have SSN if you just put '-' or write 'NA' on application. :p

As mentioned in my one of my posts above, the madras consulate rejected DS-156 which was half filled with hand and half typed/printed, I'm bit skeptical in doing that, who know if I my app meets the same fate. I just want to be on the safe side sine I'm not using any Attorney to file my app.
Thanks for you input though.