HELP DS 230PArt I/II..urgent

RajT

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

Plese tell me what should be the address in DS 230 Part1(Item 13)?
My attorney sent me filled up DS 230 PArt I/II.it has Item 1o with US home address, this is correct..

BUT Item 13 in this form states Present address.. My attorney has written US home address here?? Is this correct??
This should be INDIAN ADDRESS OR US ADDRESS..

pl tell me ASAP . leaving for an interview in 3 days

Don\'t worry...

In the form it clearly says US address, but I remember reading some messages where the officer
at consulate asked the applicant to change it to Indian permanent address. So, you can leave it to
US address, if officer ask to change it change it there.

Indian address should be put

On item 13, put the local (Indian) address. If you put a US address the document collector will ask you to change it to the India address there, but I put an Indian address directly and she appreciated that she did not have to make any changes

in my case...?

Hi
My permanent address in the passport is in Andhra pradesh and I gave a mumbai contact address on the cover letter when I\'ve sent my packet 3. What address should I give as Indian address in DS-230 Part II? Plz advise

Leave it as it is!.. I had the same..

When collecting Documents.. the women told me to cross out US address.. and fill in Indian address... At least keep 1 minor flaw... so as not to look too perfect that they scrutinize for some real problem.

It doesn\'t matter

Since no particular instructions are provided and you are stating a correct address, it does not matter if you use US address. I used US address. If the officer in India asks you to change it to Indian address, you can always do so.

Actually, I sent my paperwork (OF230 & DS230 both because my lawyers said the consulates are in transition and since we have both forms available, we will send both versions. I didn\'t object) and used US address everywhere. BUT I have printed out DS230 with "Present Address" being my Indian address. I will carry this additional paperwork (I think 3 pages: OF169, page 2, DS230 page 1 for me, DS230 page 1 for my wife) to the interview and if I am requested to change the address, I will simply replace the pages.

I think these forms are geared particularly for CPers in India and does not take into consideration that there are overseas applications. If they want a particular response, they should have instructions - clear and simple. Just like they have it here on forms, such as 1040 (Line by line instructions). Otherwise, they shouldn\'t expect us to dream about it.

CPHoney

What did u fill in for address then? contact or permanent? also, plz check your private message.

CPHoney

There will be a link called "Check Private". Click on that link to see a private message. In case u cud not see it, cud u give me ur phone# or call me at 781-608-9831.
thanks

CPHoney

Sorry I missed your call. I\'m going to Indian Consulate in NewYork. So I may not be available on my cell#. Plz give me a call on thursday on my cell or at 781-993-7381 which is my work no.
thanks