Help- Diploma + AMIETE + 6 Years exp for EB2, i-140 issues ???

veeru47

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I have applied for my I-140 in EB2 category in May 07 in normal processing. I have 10th+ Diploma 3yrs (june 94) + AMIETE 3 years (march 97) + 6 Years post AMIETE experience upto my joining this job in 2003. My attorny have applied for EB2 in I-140. I have been reading on the forums about the similar cases, i saw mixed responses. Could guys with similar education and experience post their results? Also with I-485 dates going current i have been debating to do premium processing to find out the outcome sooner than later, any suggestions ? My case is in Texas SC.

To complicate matter further my H1 is running in 7th year extension and is expiring in Nov 2007. I have applied for another 1 year, still waiting on that one. What happens to my H1B if the I-140 gets denied ??? Does it get nullified if i am not approved in i140 ?

Please help me with your suggestions and feedbacks. Greatly appreciated !

Good luck to every one !

Labor: 26-04-2004, EB2: Approved jan 2006
I-140: filed 10 may 2006, pending
H1 extension filed for 8th year ext on june 12th 2007

Hello everyone,

I have applied for my I-140 in EB2 category in May 07 in normal processing. I have 10th+ Diploma 3yrs (june 94) + AMIETE 3 years (march 97) + 6 Years post AMIETE experience upto my joining this job in 2003. My attorny have applied for EB2 in I-140. I have been reading on the forums about the similar cases, i saw mixed responses. Could guys with similar education and experience post their results? Also with I-485 dates going current i have been debating to do premium processing to find out the outcome sooner than later, any suggestions ? My case is in Texas SC.

To complicate matter further my H1 is running in 7th year extension and is expiring in Nov 2007. I have applied for another 1 year, still waiting on that one. What happens to my H1B if the I-140 gets denied ??? Does it get nullified if i am not approved in i140 ?

Please help me with your suggestions and feedbacks. Greatly appreciated !

Good luck to every one !

Labor: 26-04-2004, EB2: Approved jan 2006
I-140: filed 10 may 2006, pending
H1 extension filed for 8th year ext on june 12th 2007
Well it all depends how USCIS views your education. Did you get your education verified by independant sources. As they do foreign education equivalency for US university admissions. If you haven't done that, then it might be a good idea to have it done and supplement it with you 140. It will help you a lot.
Hope this helps.

My education eval is form morningside evaluation agency form NY. I also had another one. Both mention my education equivelent to bachelors in electronics in USA. I had total of 9 years exp before applying for labor and total of 6 years exp post AMIETE exp upto the application of the labor.

I was thinking to upgrade to premium but just heard that i-140 premium processing is suspended till aug.

Why are you worrying, without receiving any RFE?

Attorneys know these issues, for which they are getting paid..

contact them, if you are too worried.?

For education,if you have furnished the equivalency eval certificates from US, I dont think there is much you can do. From your end, if you wanto show proofs that AMIE is equivalent to B.. in US, I'd also printout some links from IIT and other websites where they say AMIE is treated equal to BE/BTech for admission into their MTech program,
Personally with attorneys, I know they do a good job, but we can always add documentation as much as we can which we think may be good.
Hope this helps.