Help ! Desperate for suggestions

Imminf

Registered Users (C)
I guess once again noone will reply to this, but I\'m being optimistic. Can someone PLEASE help with any suggestions at all ? Filed for GC at Calif. Center in Oct\'99 EB2 (RIR), I-485 RD:Sept 2000 FP: Feb2001 AP & EAD recd. and expiring in dec 2001/ Jan 2002.

Everyone with RD\'s in 2001 too seem to be getting approved. Am I the only one here who filed in 2000 and hasn\'t got approved yet ? I had never received the FP notices in Feb and took the lawyers copy, could that be the reason for the delay (could it be that they sent something possibly RFE and we never recd. that notice?) Trying to contact INS but cannot get through to the IIO, cause continously engaged. AVM keeps saying 900+ days for processing. FBI says our FP date is more than 6months ago so it isn\'t even in their system anymore. Lawyer not helpful either (we don\'t even know our ND). Am extremely worried cause of layoff. What am I to do next?

Get going now...don\'t delay!

Probably the first thing that needs to be done is to get through and speak with a knowledgeablee IIO. I am assuming you have your WAC#. After you get information on your ND, maybe you can request for a copy of the ND. Also, if your lawyer is not cooperatingng you will have no choice but to switch to a new lawyer. The last thing you want to do is sit on the problem and wait for someone on this board to give you a legal advice. Please start by getting though to an IIO and a new lawyer...Good Luck!

Keep Trying and Talk to IIO, Get Information and Get a New Lawyer

Don\'t wait Please. You have waited enough. Also get a New job based on your EAD, you already have more than 180 days so need not to worry about the old company and the old lawyer. Act fast My Dear, dont dealy a single day.

Good Luck.

No Title

Where do you live, I think it is good idea to go in person to INS and explain thme the situation and tell all people in April 01 are getting approvals.

I think that will be positive step and should get good results.

/Vguru

Thanks..

Firstly, thanks so much for responding, itwizard, nologic Algo, vguru, pavel s. Yes, I have already been trying to get through to an IIO, will just keep trying till I get through. Can\'t change lawyers since am probably gonna have to go on medical leave soon (company has agreed to it as an option instead of terminating the H1). But will ask again about ND. Keeping fingers crossed and realllly hoping something works out. Thanks again for responding.