Help!!! Date of Birth Correction On I-485 (Urgent)

GrC_2002

Registered Users (C)
Dear friends

We just received my wife\'s EAD after a long wait (about 4 months). But, we found her date of birth was wrongly recorded. Month was printed as \'07\' instead of \'09\'. I verified with my lawyer and found that he was the one typed it wrongly in I-485 application. He said, he\'s going to talk to service center. Is this easy to change ?? Will there be any use calling my self ? My lawyer is swamped and don\'t know when he will call !!!

Your help is really appreciated..

Thanks

Sorry to hear that, But ...

Unfortunately,since its your attorneys mistake, you have to submit another application for the replacement card. You might get the new card in 4 weeks.

It happened to me. The lawyer made mistake in my name and sex and we had to file for the replacement card again. However If its INS mistake, they will send a duplicte card once you inform them through a form that they will send.

How about correction on I-485 application ??

do we need to send another 485 application with correct dob ??

Thanks

Incorrect DOB in EAD!

I also had a similar situation, where the DOB in my EAD card was wrongly entered from my Birthcertificate. No need to panic, I had my lawyer talk to an IIO and correct the DateofBirth in 485 application and requested for a new EAD. I did send my old EAD back to INS, after One month I received the new EAD with the corrected DOB. If your lawyer is too busy, you can always call the Service center and talk to an IIO and do the same thing what a lawyer can do. Ins will not issue the new EAD unless they receive the old EAD in mail. Good luck.