Help!!! Change job without copies of approved LC&I140

absorbtion

Registered Users (C)
My brother's I140 has been approved and I485 has been pending for about 300 days, and he just got a very good new job offer from a very decent company which is much better than his current employer. The jobs are very similar, just in different industry.

But when he asked his boss to get copies of approved LC and I140, his boss rudely rejected him and said those are company's property and the employee is not allowed to get them.

Question: Can my brother accept the new job??? Can he use AC21 in such case? Thanks a lot,

One of my friend was in a similar situation as u'r bro. had..

He requested the I-140 company to send an "no objection" to the Attorneys to disclose the Doc's. If the I140 wont accept to disclose then the attorr. play all the games.... ELSE all safe...

One thing he can do" Talk to new attorney and ask him to send a letter to old attorney to send all doc's" I dont think the labor/I140 are required after changing companies.. BUt attorneys GAMES.. for money.. I guess
HE can use AC-21 when he gets RFE.. if not straight approval , ..

P.S I'm not an attorney, and dont consider these as facts.. These are just suggestions.

Those documents are company property since the company is sponsoring the Labor certification at the state and federal level.

In this case it looks like your borther's former employer may create trouble. If he does take the job he may want to:

1. Retain a lawyer experienced with AC-21 cases
2. Send a notification to USCIS invoking Ac-21 in case his old employer tries to revoke his I-140

FYI, it's a good thing to keep a copy of your labor certification. I requested one from my employer just in case...

rgds,
sadiq

absorption

Don't take it too personal; your company's right. The I-140 and LC are their properties. However, you can ask just the 1st page of LC (the one with job descr. in it) and the 485 original receipt.
That should be sufficient docs for your new company's atty.

I changed job 20 months after I filed 485 and my new company's HR asked for both I-140 and LC and my GC attorney , eventhough he's the one that I hired directly, refused to do that because those docs contain my sponsoring company's confidential information and he just gave the 1st page of the LC and my new company is happy enough with it.