Help! Case transferred to SFO

goTitans

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I got emails today that my case got transferred to San Francisco Disctrict Office. Now if a case is transfered to a local District Office does it necessarily mean that the applicant will be called for an interview? If yes, are there any specific reasons? I turned in all the relevant documents while responding to the RFE.

These are my details:-

485 ND - Jan 2002
FP1 - Apr 2002
3 EADs - currently on EAD3
FP2 - Jan 2004
RFE - May 2004
RFE Response received by INS - Aug 2004 - Tax returns, Pay stubs, W2s, For Status: My old I-20s, F-1 visa, H-1, EADs etc, Birth Certificate.
Case Transfered to SFO DO - Sep 22 2004

This is the online message:
"On September 22, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

From what I have read in the forum and what I have understood, shouldnt the message also say that the 'case is transfered to a DO for interview'
Please post.

I guess this is the way the service centers reduce back log

I guess this is the way the service centers reduce back log. Since your mail did not read that the local office will schedule for an interview, do not worry. This is just Normal. Your processing has continued in the District office rather than the Service Center.
Did you see that the service center processing dates "May 2003"???

It had waited in Oct - Dec 2001 for almost 2 years, Now suddenly all dates are flying, Cause? some of the cases are moved to District offices.

So do I assume that I dont get called for an interview? And why do they - the INS - operate in such clandestine manner? Its not like they are running some big time espionage. The local office does not even have contact information. Who do I call if I want to change my address?

Read the case of immigrationportal.com vs Ridge.

It is amasing, and scary. If you're name check is taking a long time, then it means that FBI considers you worthy of investigation. According to the State, all cases transfered to the loca office are of special interest. Mr. Khanna argues that the reason is that the local offices are not considered to be part of the backlog. Refusal is also common. Either way not good news, but at least some of the frustrations experienced are being voiced by this lawyer. It will be interesting to see the rulling.

One other thing that I am not sure about is whether they are looking for more people to join the class action law-suite? I think the state claimed that only 2 people were on the class action, but Mr. Khanna claimed to easily produce 30 more. Something to seriously consider.

A strong recommended read everyone.

I went to S.F. district office to confirm the processng time for transfer cases(appointment via Infopass).
I was told that it's hard to say time frame for transfer case.
really bad...... Only taking legal action may help transfer case.

KKJ,
JIT shows March 2004 for SF DO. SO are these dates not true? What exactly did you mean by legal action?

goTitans

I am not sure that the JIT is for I-485EB transfer case. I think that just waiting is no hope for transfer case. If it's possible,I want to sue Mr.Don Neufeld(CSC director).

No time line at all, not even fake ones like a year...

KKJ said:
I went to S.F. district office to confirm the processng time for transfer cases(appointment via Infopass).
I was told that it's hard to say time frame for transfer case.
really bad...... Only taking legal action may help transfer case.

yes, for transfer case, no time line,no rule,,,,,, If we really need GC, we should take some action against UCIS....

Would SFO transfer Cases like to meet on the weekend for signing petition

Folks,

It is so streesful to wait in the line for the SFO interview, would any one be interested to meet and get the petiotion signed. I can voluneteer for some work. Please let me know then, we can decide :

Location to meet
Date to meet
Petition format
Who to send it to
How many signatures required and so on.

Appreicate if you guys would join in some action. Otherwise we will get interview after a year. We need to keep working and paying all the taxes for another few years.

Just now an INS guy called me.. yes, he did. And said I would be interviewed in January. He said he could have adjudicated my case without any interview had I not changed my company (I changed my company recently). Can that be a case, or was he bullsh1tting? A couple of months back they said my interview is going to be delayed because I asked for photocopies of my labor and I-140 (through FOIA form). I needed them because i wanted to use AC-21 and hence needed exact job description and my previous employer was unable to give them to me.

So, I am now in deep confusion. Did the INS official really mean what he said? Or is he just giving some or other reason for the delay in my interview? Because I dont think asking for photocopies should delay my case and I definitely dont think that if I had not changed my jobs, I would have gotten adjudicated without even an interview! Did it ever happen like that?

------------------------
I485 Filed in CSC : May 2002
I485 Xferred to SFO : Dec 10, 2003
Current status : Waiting for interview

It's probably legitimate. There are other cases in this forum where folks have received calls from an IIO.

Good Luck...you shouldn't have any issues. It's the wait until Jan that's the most agonizing part.

Regards,

W

Complicated case: I-485 transferred from Vermont to San Francisco

My husband and I filed our I-485 application together in April 2003 at
Vermont Service center, concurrently filed with his I-140 application. My
husband's I-140 and I-485 were approved in Augustand October(at Sacramento office, CA), respectively. Because we are now in
separation, our mailing addresses are different. I believe due to this
issue, my I-485 was transferred to Charlotte, NC office for processing
first. Since Charlotte office has no jurisdiction over employment based
immigration, after 2 months delay, my case was transferred to San
Francisco, CA for processing. But the notice didn't say anything about
interview. I don't understand why Vermont center didn't approve my I-485
since my husband has already been approved. Do you guys think it is going to be approved soon or an interview must be conducted by San Francisco office?
will the separation and up-coming divorce impact my I-485 application?

This is the online status of my case:

On November 19, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register
Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in SAN FRANCISCO, CA
for processing. That office has jurisdiction over the case. They will send
you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should
receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a
local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800)
375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.

Please help,

I live in Mountain View, CA and my case has been transfered to SFO. Mountain View should be under San Jose juridiction. I don't know why it has transfered to SFO. Is it common or this is error on behalf of BCIS??

hi bgadicha,
did you get your FOIA docs? how long did it take? what was your receipt date?
Could you please enlighten us?
shankar123 ;)

Yes, I got my FOIA docs. Took me one month. My I485 receipt date is May 2002. Xferred to SFO INS office on Dec 10, 2003. No interview call no 2nd FP notice until now.

Hey brothers/sisters,
Dont lose heart. Atlast I got the interview call. Its scheduled on Feb 1st. They gave me a whole list of documents to take. One of which was birth certificates (which I dont have). I just have attested copies on stamp paper from my parents. But if thats the case, they also want to know from the municipality that your birth certificate does not exist there. So I went through yourmaninindia. I am yet to get an answer from them. So in case you dont have birth certificates, please get them right away.
And dont lose heart. I got my call letter after more than a year. So our papers didn't make it to the trash, they are still on someone's table.

Glad to hear

Hi,

I know you have been waiting for a year. Looks like finally God answered your prayer. May be your new apartment has some vatsu.

My case was transfered on June 22-2004. I have requested info pass interview on Jan 5th to see an officer.

Thanks for the update

Lakshmi,
I did NOT move. I was just considering to move, but that never happened.
Thanks for your wishes..

writing to senators

about this SFO they are repressing for no reason.

i dont understand why it should take 1 year for an interview after waiting 6 years already

is there any way to inquire about this, i have already waited 3 months :mad: