Help case refused because of no replay of RFE

Dipika Patel

Registered Users (C)
I just received denial letter from INS stating the reasons for not providing additinal infromation requested on nov 1. We never received the RFE till today so how can I reply?

Please tell me what should I do

My details
EB3 India PD 7/97
RD for I-485 8/24/99
ND for I-485 9/22/99
EAC -99-2641xxxxxx
FP done 7/5/00
RFE 11/1/00
Refusal 1/3/01
Thank you

No Title

I thought they wait for 90 days to receive the RFE response. In your case it is just about 60 days. I think INS may have made a mistake in issuing this letter. Talk to your attorney and if Possible talk to IIO and tell them that you have not received the RFE and how much time you have to respond to it.

Wish you all the best.

No Title

I belive checking the AVM regularly could have avoided such overlooked situation ... don\'t you agree with me?? just a thought

No Title

Thank you for your suggestions my lawyer said he will fight this case in immigration court but he demands more money now so I was looking for some advise that can help me or some real life experiance like mine and its end result.

Can I do anything by my self without involving a lawyer ?

No Title

Dipika, don\'t worry you still can produce the documents required by INS and show them your clear intent and genuinness of your case. Also I think if you give INS sworn Affidavit stating you never recived a RFE document and ask them for some time extension in providing the required documents.

If your lawyer is asking for more money kindly seek second opinion from different lawyer.

Think calmly and step by step and you will be able to turn the things in your favour again.

Good luck

No Title

Dipika,

This is clearly a mistake on part of VSC and I don\'t think you have anything to worry about.

Here\'s some suggestion ...

1. Call up VSC and get as much information about the RFE as is possible, such as when was it issued and when was it mailed (VSC has acknowledged mailing delays due to lack of staff), what is it about. They typically give you 90 days to respond and you are well within that limit.

2. Once you have all this information, email to Ms. Linda-Dodd Major of Office of Business Liaison, giving your case details and the details about RFE and denial. Explicitly mention that this is a mistake on part of VSC and you\'d like it be resolved expeditiously. She is a very helpful lady and I\'m sure you\'ll sail through smoothly. Her email is office.business.liaison@usdoj.gov

Finally, do keep us posted with your experience. This will help others should they run into similar situations.

No Title

you can do it by yourself if you put all you time and quit your current job. I strongly suggest you use your lawyer.