Help ! Birth Certificate !

Rk123

Registered Users (C)
Hi Gurus,
I got my Birth Certificate from the Indian Consulate , but the layer says that it is not accepted.
What are my options as I dont have anyone in India to goto the Town i was born , to get the certificate.
Pls give all the options i have.
Thanks.

No Title

You have to talk to some body(some of your friends) and get Non-availability certificate and affidavit, thats the easy
way to get.

2nd is from Indian Consulate which you said your lawyer is not accepting.

Try to locate some of your frineds in India who can go to your town and do for you(it may cost you, but it is must)

My 2 cents .,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Kiran

My experience about Non Availability and Consulate certificate

It is a real problem getting non availability certificate from India. My I140 got approved in august and it took two months to get my non availability from Tamil Nadu and for my husband, he couldn\'t get one from Kerala. He got Consulate certificate from NY. I heard from lot of this forum folks that if u r born before 1970 consulate certificate is good enough. The reason is before 1970 registering birth is not mandatory. The bottomline is if u r born before 1970 use what u have or get non availability. And one more thing if yr passport place of birth is a big city and lot of villages and small towns come under that big city you can get from any of those small towns and villages by paying some \'extra money\'.

Thanks for the Info.

The lawyer said that some kind of affadavid form the parents will also do. Pls throw some light on this matter.
Thanks.

No Title

Have you guys heard about "STATE DOMICILE" this can be obtained in a day or 2 and I used that...TRY IT

Buddys\' from Maharastra - You can get this if you don\'t have it already

It\'s proof of residence in that state for X number of years, it has the mention of your and your guardian\'s date of birth. It worked for me. In Maharastra state it is issued by state court, so mind you it\'s more effective probably than affidavits. I am not sure about other states in India