Help! Birth Certificate Issue

ap2002

In Inida, I applied for my birth certificate in the local municipality office. They searched records and did not find my record. Instead of giving non-availability certificate they enquired in and around my home where I was born and issued BIRTH CERTIFICATE. So far so good certificate has got every details like name, parents name, Date of birth, extracted from orginal records etc BUT the certificate specifically says that Birth was registered on 24 OCT 2000.

I have no idea why they did not issue \'non-availability certificate\' instead issued birth certificate. Is this a normal or odd situation.

And also, Is this acceptable for INS. Does any one has same kind of experience. Appreciate your suggestion on this

Thanks

No Title

Couple of things:
- INS knows that there was no registering of birth system before 1970 or some year around that. So, if your date of birth is before that, then INS definitely knows there is no possiblity of any birth record in the local township and they may consider your birth certificate as fake.
- Since your birth certificate says birth is registered in year 2000, they may or maynot accept it. I think there is a period of time before which you have to register your birth to be valid on the record.
- Request your local municipality to provide a letter saying "records are not available" and get affidavits from two people along with that letter.