Help! Back ground check

IndNZ

Hi
I filed my 485 in december 2003 and am still waiting.I called USCIS and was lucky to get connected.They opened an enquiry for me and sent a reply today.It says "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open."

I am not sure why my background checks are still pending.I do not have any police records either in India or in NZ (I was born in India but migrated to NewZealand and acquired Citizenship ". Some weeks ago, I called up FBI and they told me that my FP results were sent back to USCIS in April 2004.Obviously FP checks are different from the other security Checks.
Is any one going through the same turmoil? Do you think contacting local Senator might help?

Thanks
IndNZ

IndNZ said:
Hi
I filed my 485 in december 2003 and am still waiting.I called USCIS and was lucky to get connected.They opened an enquiry for me and sent a reply today.It says "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required investigation into your background remains open."

I am not sure why my background checks are still pending.I do not have any police records either in India or in NZ (I was born in India but migrated to NewZealand and acquired Citizenship ". Some weeks ago, I called up FBI and they told me that my FP results were sent back to USCIS in April 2004.Obviously FP checks are different from the other security Checks.
Is any one going through the same turmoil? Do you think contacting local Senator might help?

Thanks
IndNZ
You are basically screwed, my friend. There is not much you can do except file a writ of mandamus lawsuit to compel USCIS to expediate your name-check but this costs time and money and there is no guarantee of success. I am in similar situation. There is no rational behind this matter.

Welcome aboard "Background Check Boat" my friend..
Check out this thread. many persons are in the same boat (I am one of those)
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?t=198499

You can try Senator Office..but you have to show the urgency or the need to expedite your case.

Other option is if you are in a federal organization and some one higher up can send a letter to USCIS. Check the forums..some has recently posted his experience.

I-485 screwed.

About 10 days back, I received aFP notice from USCIS.This would be my second FP with code 1.I am not sure why they want to finger print again when nothing is really happening with the case.

Thanks for your replies.
IndNz

IndNZ said:
About 10 days back, I received aFP notice from USCIS.This would be my second FP with code 1.I am not sure why they want to finger print again when nothing is really happening with the case.

Thanks for your replies.
IndNz
finger print, no finger print, it doesn't make a damn difference. I had done my 2nd finger print late last year but no change even for the LUD.

repeat background checks

Folks - I learnt today that there can be repeat background checks. My FBI check was completed back in Nov. 2003 (per email from FBI). However, my background check is again pending since it was re-submited.

It is already frustating to wait so long for approval and this repeat checks are killing me.

Immigration Officer said that every new Finger Print might kick off new background checks.

what does this mean ?

I opened an enquiry to USCIS and got following reply :

Your application is pending. We will notify you in writing when decision has been made. Thank you for your patience.

Does pending means pending backgroup check or something else ?

What does this mean.
EB2 : INDIA : PD : March'02. 485 applied : April'04

sunny27 said:
I opened an enquiry to USCIS and got following reply :

Your application is pending. We will notify you in writing when decision has been made. Thank you for your patience.

Does pending means pending backgroup check or something else ?

What does this mean.
EB2 : INDIA : PD : March'02. 485 applied : April'04
pending is just a generic answer that can mean anything.

I got this kind of reply as well but later another enquiry resulted in priority date not current message. USCIS is simply dumping generic answers back without even checking the files.

wildthing said:
pending is just a generic answer that can mean anything.

I got this kind of reply as well but later another enquiry resulted in priority date not current message. USCIS is simply dumping generic answers back without even checking the files.

I strongly agree. When I filed an inquiry, I got a security check answer.
I noticed the LUD of my 485 never changed.
I suspect they throw genertic answers to everybody without looking into
the files.

How many of you got a reply to inquiry without seeing LUD change?

rabbish said:
How many of you got a reply to inquiry without seeing LUD change?
I got a standard reply ("security checks") by mail on my I-485 inquiry. No change of I-485 online status as well as no LUD change.

No LUD change.

LUD did not change for me this time but got this reply ' Pending .... will send in writing when decision is made.... thanks for your patience.' This was after second enquiry I opened.

During first enquiry I got reply that .... ' we are committed to 6 months approval commitement of president .... your application is going thru such checks.... please allow some time. LUD changed at that time.

My speculation is:

- due to retrogression, the posted processing date of NSC advanced very fast
(it moved back recently though)
- this generated a huge number of status inquiries
- tired to handle these inquiries, they adopted a simple way:
reply every inquiry by copying one of several standard template without bothering to look into the individual case

My assumption is: the touch of a case will trigger automatically LUD.

Implication: the inquiry reply (even it mentions security check) is meaningless to an inquirer,
it does not mean you are or you are not stuck in the security
check process.

Welcome to comment.

IndNZ said:

Thanks for your replies.
IndNz

Usually they send Code 1 or 3 when they are getting ready for approval, in my case it was code 3 and after this FP my case was approved within 2 months. Your long wait may be getting over my friend.

Thanks

Finger Printing second time

Today I completed my second Code 1 Finger printing.I think first FP was done in early 2004.

Labor Filed : 11/2001
Labor approved :10/2003
Concurrent Filing:12/2003
I-140 Approved: 3/2004

IndNZ

Recent LUDs

Hi Gurus

I had applied for I-485 after having approved I-360. Recently after fingerprinting I saw three LUDs on my I-485 almost everyday. What does this mean.
I am also willing to post my experience Re: fingerprinting. Thanks and any comment on this appreciated.

Here are my details:

I-485 RD 8/19 2/05, LUD 8/24/05
FP: 1/4/2005
LUDs 1/4/05, 1/5/05, 1/6/05