Help!! Applying for GC but my wife lost the job

manlok

Registered Users (C)
To make it short, my wife is citizen and I applied for GC in September 2007. At the time I submitted the forms she's working and of course she sponsor me for the application. But then she got laid off and she's still looking for a job now. Our interview is next Monday (Jan 28, 2008) so what can I do now???

Thank you for ur advice!! Just want to make sure, that does my friend/relative need to have the letter from his/her employer or copy of income tax return is good enough? I'm just afraid that he or she cannot get the letter in such a short period...

Find a friend/relative who is a citizen or an LPR and is willing to act as your co-sponsor. Good luck!!!

If your co-sponsor cannot furnish a salary confirmation letter, at least attach his/her W-2s from previous years. At the interview, the officer may accept the I-864. Worst case, the officer may ask you to send that document by mail. Thus giving your co-sponsor time to acquire it.

Good idea...three latest pay stubs should be okay if a confirmation cannot be done in short time, at least the pay stubs give a "current" salary situation, right?

Are you working? even for this matter won't help that much...at least could be send the message that still money is getting in the household. But anyway you would need to do a new I-864 with the new information.

Now a question for you all, what happen IF at the interview the IO never ask for it? Let's say just ask for how you met and give me some pictures...and that's it. Do they should give anyway the new I-864 for sake of the pure-clean process or just use the "don't ask, don't tell"?

Why you said so? I'm concerning if we do not give the new information in the beginning but after being asked for, we are like hiding some sth and this may affect the interviewer's decision.... any thoughts?

do not volunteer information unless asked for.

yea i'm working, and of course i will bring my pay stubs to the interview in case they need it.

Good idea...three latest pay stubs should be okay if a confirmation cannot be done in short time, at least the pay stubs give a "current" salary situation, right?

Are you working? even for this matter won't help that much...at least could be send the message that still money is getting in the household. But anyway you would need to do a new I-864 with the new information.

Now a question for you all, what happen IF at the interview the IO never ask for it? Let's say just ask for how you met and give me some pictures...and that's it. Do they should give anyway the new I-864 for sake of the pure-clean process or just use the "don't ask, don't tell"?