• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Help AOS -URGENT

Messyleen

Hello,

I have been selected for the DV 2008. Since I live in the US I understand that I should go through the adjustment of Status instead of going through the Kentucky consulate. I went to the INS to find out what is the process to follow to do the AOS. The officer told me there is nothing I need to do, I just need to wait until my number is current and send the I-485 package to the INS. Please let me know if this makes sense. I don't want to wait and find out when it's too late that there was something else I was supposed to do. I called an attorney and the Kentucky consulate to confirm the information and none of them could confirm what the INS told was correct.
Thank you very much for getting back to me as soon as possible

the Kentucky consulate
Kentucky is a state and it doesn't have a consulate.

Read the forum.

Are you in legal status? what status are you in? how high is your number? what region are you from? - you answers these questions, and you then read through the forum looking for some really valuable information which will explain your best options to you.

AOS (Many doubts, many questions...) S.O.S

I have been selected for the DV 2008 (SA000003xx) Since I live in the US I understand that I should go through the adjustment of Status. I received the second letter on June 8th and went to the USCIS office on June 25th, but the officer did not answer any of my doubts. I need help, here are my questions:

1.- Do I need to pay the DV fees right now? We are four and my husband has a daughter living abroad; I'm not sure if I need to pay her fee...

2.- Once my number will be current I'll send the AOS package to the USCIS office. Do I need to fill one package per person or send mine first?

3.- Whats forms the AOS package includes?

4.- I already have an employment authorization so I think I don't need to fill the EAD form... right?

5.- Do the family (husband & daughters) should go to the interview too?

Thanks!!!!!!