Help... anybody...??

Amber00s

Registered Users (C)
Guys here is my story...
USCIS is messig up again with my pending Application. My case(I-485) is pending at NSC since 2003. In 2005, by mistake I sent my original passport to NSC as a part of RFE, though the copies would do. Now my case status still shows that "On August 3, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information" .Now I desperately want to visit the home country. As I can't go without Passport, I applied for Request to return the Original documents. After a while now I got 2 letters from NSC at the same time.
First one said " At this time your file, and the original documents,are in use to conduct security and background checks. When those checks are completed your documents will be immediately returned to you".
The second letter(dated after the first letter) said " A thourogh search of your file did not reveal an original passport..".

Now the questions are :
1. Does this means they lost my passport? so I need to apply for a new one?
2. If they can't find my passport, technically they shouldn't find any other evidences that I sent along .
3. what if they can't find the other evidences that I sent while working on my case( my PD is current since March), they could simply reject the case?
4. finally, Now I need to get a police report saying that I lost my passport by showing the letter from NSC to apply for a duplicate one.

I was a stupid to send the original one. But hey, I am a human, made mistake like any other human. Need to find the solution now.

Please respond... did this happened to anybody before? Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Seek help of a local Senator/Congressman

If they have said that they don't have one they will keep their word. Assume that it is lost and act

Amber00s said:
Guys here is my story...
USCIS is messig up again with my pending Application. My case(I-485) is pending at NSC since 2003. In 2005, by mistake I sent my original passport to NSC as a part of RFE, though the copies would do. Now my case status still shows that "On August 3, 2005, we received your response to our request for evidence or information" .Now I desperately want to visit the home country. As I can't go without Passport, I applied for Request to return the Original documents. After a while now I got 2 letters from NSC at the same time.
First one said " At this time your file, and the original documents,are in use to conduct security and background checks. When those checks are completed your documents will be immediately returned to you".
The second letter(dated after the first letter) said " A thourogh search of your file did not reveal an original passport..".

Now the questions are :
1. Does this means they lost my passport? so I need to apply for a new one?
2. If they can't find my passport, technically they shouldn't find any other evidences that I sent along .
3. what if they can't find the other evidences that I sent while working on my case( my PD is current since March), they could simply reject the case?
4. finally, Now I need to get a police report saying that I lost my passport by showing the letter from NSC to apply for a duplicate one.

I was a stupid to send the original one. But hey, I am a human, made mistake like any other human. Need to find the solution now.

Please respond... did this happened to anybody before? Any inputs are greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

mydearcard said:
check your contry's consulate for the rules for Duplicate passport. YOu can take action on that only.

This is the only option you have at this time.

Check your country's consulate web site and find out the procedures to get a duplicate passport.

Usually, they may ask a police report if your passport was lost or stolen.

I don't know what will happen in this case...

Good luck.

Get a police report and apply for duplicate passport. You may get it in month or two. It's easy. But it may cost.
One of my friend did same.

Good Luck!!!

Thank you

Thanks for the replies.All of them are helpful. I contacted the consulate. To get a duplicate passport they asked me to send police report and bunch of other stuff and a check. So I am trying for the police report ,but the local police said I can get the report in a week and the consulate said it will take the about 3 months to finish the process and the postage time etc.. Hope the entire processing wouldn't take too long.