Help! After submitting 485 One Month to TSC, I got FP notice from VSC

hlin4

Registered Users (C)
Hey, Guys,
I do need your ideas to help understand my case.

I submitted my I-485 on Apr/25th/2003 to Texas Service Cente, and the receive notice date is also Apr/25th/2003. Today(May/27th/2003), I got the notice to let me do FP(schedule time is in Jun, and so far, no any news on my I-140, EAD, AP) from Vermount Service Center?!

My question is that the notice is sent from Vermont Service Center. I am working at NewJersy, belonging to VSC, but my company's headquater is in Dallas, so my company's lawyer sent my application case to Texas Service Center.
I councurrently filed my case (I-140, Texas Service Center on Mar/17th/2003, I-485, Apr/25th/2003). I am a IT guy with Master Degree, so I think my case should be EB-3?

My question for you guys are:
1. is it normal that I got FP notice from Vermount Service Center?
2. Any one can explain to me that Why my cases are submitted to TSC, but I got FP notice from VSC.
3. According to you guys' experience, after 485's one month submitting, getting the FP notice, is it a quick process? If it is, generally speaking, how long I still need to wait for my Green Card in Texas Service Center.

Greatly appricate you guy's idea in advance!

Hai

If you hold a Masters Degree from this country, you could be construed under EB-2 category.

Getting a FP within a month, may mean nothing, because my notice receipt date is 08/2002 and had my finger-prints on 09/2002 and am still having my "fingers-crossed" on the approval. However, don't get unduly worried and hope for the best. There have been cases, which have got quick approvals, after having the finger-prints done within a month or so.

poongunranar,
Thanks a lot for your prompt reply, I really appreciate that.
So, I update my case, I should be in the EB-2.

And you also got a very quick FP notice, is your case in TSC, and you also do that in TSC. By the way, you have finished your
FP for 8 months, hope you can get it very soon, so am I :))

Hai

hlin4:
One can file under EB-2 category if

1. Holding a Master's degree and the job require a Master degree. If the job doesn't require a master degree, then can't file under EB2.

2. Bachelor degree and 5 years experience.

You need to check with your lawyer about your category. i.e your application was filed under EB2 or EB3.

Surya13:
Thanks your suggestion.
I'll ask my lawyer about my category, the most likely I fall into EB-2.

Any suggestion for my FP and my other questions?

Thanks.

Hai

hiln4
i filed my 485 (ConCurrent) on Apr 7- 2003 in Texas and got my FP notice from vermount service center. so did u get any info why you got ur FP from Vermount and not from Texas. and i live in virginia and my company is in Texas.If u have any info just let me know .

Thanks
Satya

FP is sent from the service center for the state in which you live.
I am in minnesota, so got FP notice from nebraska. but my case is still in texas. I was told that all FP are centralised.
So your's is no different.

It's normal

k3hcl:
Like what gcmspind said, it's normal for us to get the FP notice
from Vermount due to our residential reason.
If it's normal, I think our FP will eventually be sent to Texas.

And I think our case are similar. I'm EB-2, Apr/25th/2003 concurrently filing. It seems now the Texas handle FP are very fast
, how's the speed of handling I-485? Do you have any idea. From this website found out the Texas is still handling I-485 in Nov/2000, but we have got FP notice, does that mean our I-485 will also be handled fast?
Keep updated info each other, k3hcl.

Hai

"Finger Printed and finger crossed!"

I and my family got "finger-printed" on Mar. 2002 and May 2003 again. I'm "finger-crossing" on approval for me and my family member.

FujiS:cool:

hlin4, I don't know if you really need to change your EB category at this point. I'm under the impression that it has no effect on your application processing time at the 485 stage.

Correct me if I'm wrong guys, but I think submitting a correction to your EB category at this point may cause additional delays.

gcmspind,
If finger prints are centralised, Why are people complaining about Texas service center for missing finger prints?.

How come Vermont center issue fp's within a month of I485 filing?.
but not TSC.
Why would Nebraska issue faster fp's than other centers.

I understood like this wether it is correct or not i don't know.

The individuall service center schduler picks up a case and based on the residence address it will figure out which center to be contacted to order the finger prints. But still the case has to be picked up by respective schdulers. May be my theory is right may be not.

SRM
I was told that FP is centralised but FP scheduling is based on number of cases for each state. So for states where the number applying are less,it is faster. Maybe that's why we see random FP's.
I was told this by my lawyer , don't know how far it's true but have seen it to be true in many cases.

gcmspind:
Like what you said, that means the FP cases in NJ or VSC are less, that's why my FP notice is so soon, and the fast FP doesn't link to the fast I-485 in TSC, right?
Anyone in TSC can share experience, generally speaking, how long it will to get I-485 approval after FP done in other Service Center.

Thanks.

Hai