Help : Addresses where lived

stuck_in_a_hole

Registered Users (C)
The N-400 application asks for a list of all addresses lived since becoming a permanent resident. After I got my GC in May 2004, I was out of the US on an extended business trip for a period of about 80 days. During that time, I had given my friend's address as permanent address to USCIS since I had vacated my apt. In this case, should I list my friend's address as a place I had lived or should I list the foreign address where I had temporarily stayed.

Please help...

If your friends place is where you conducted your "regular business" as it would relate to mail, paying bills etc, then list that.

I'm not sure, but be careful though, since ur passport will show that you were out of country for 80 days, so it might be better to show the foreign address.

It was only 80 days. Don't list the foreign address, you didn't reside there, it was temporary business accommodation.

I'm submitting my naturalization application soon and this thing bothers me, I don't know what to put in my application.

Last September 2008 I went to California from Florida thinking that I was going to look for a job. I had a lot of job interviews but nobody really called me to work (due to bad economy) while in California I stayed with my cousin. I also changed my driver's license from FL to CA. Then after a month on Oct. 3, I decided to come back to Florida where I've been residing since 2003 with my husband. Now, here's my question, should I put California as one of the places I've lived for the past 5 years even though I only stayed there for 1 month since I changed by driver's license (but now I'm back in FL and I got a new FL driver's license)? What should I do, please help. Thanks.

If you continued to receive your bills etc in FL while you were in CA, I would not CA as a place of residence.

Either way should not matter as you did not leave the US in that time.