Help: Address Change

ladka

Registered Users (C)
Hello Friends,

I am in the process of applying for Citienship. I just realized that I did not request for address change within 10 days as required by law. I request for change after few months.

How serious is it? Can this this derail my citizenship? I would greatly appreciate for any info/experience you may have.

Thanks

Ladka

Address change before or after filing N-400?

If before, you should be fine. I have not heard/read any case where delay in updating address caused denial for citizenship.

You should be ok, i have also not heard of any problems in threads. (in my case, i filled AR-11 within one or two days or moving. That used to be high on my moving checklist)

I Have not filled for citizenship as of now. But I already done address change on-line. Basically, I am sending citizenship appilcation after 2 months of address change. Based on what you are sayings, I should be o.k.

Thank you all again.

Ladka

I changed mine right before I applied for the N-400 and that was when I already lived at the new Address for about a year. I wasn't aware of any address changes that were required until I joined this Board. When I had my Interview nothing about this was mentioned.