Help: additional documentations with I-130

uglyboy_13

Registered Users (C)
Hey guys,

Me and my wife got married in the Summer. I am gonna file I-130, I-485 together this month. Do I need to submit additional documentation to be the evidence of our marriage beside our marriage certificate? How many photos of each of us should I submit in the application?Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

no additional evidence until interview . send copy of marriage certificate form i693 for your medical passport size picture i'm not sure but i think 3 pic. formi864 for affidative of support 3years tax paper 2003-2004-2005 r u applying for ead form i765.

That sounds good. Yea, I am applying for EAD and Advance Parole too. For the marriage certificate, can I submit a photocopy? Thanks

yes you need to submit so much more.

you have to show proof you have a legitemate marriage

give them copies of bank statements, tax returns, insurance policies, property showing both names on it or whatever else you can think of that both of your names are on. File it now and save yourself some headaches later

bb_5555 said:

give them copies of bank statements, tax returns, insurance policies, property showing both names on it or whatever else you can think of that both of your names are on. File it now and save yourself some headaches later

Not really.. what u are talking about are the supporting documents for the affidavit of support. Everything u wrote there except the Insurance policy can to be filed for the i864.

the additional papers to prove ur marriage are for the interview.

I think your questions can be completely answered in the sticky post "AOS interview timeline". You can download the coverletter.doc which include checklists for everything you need to file. .

bb_5555 said:
btw you have to submit the actual marriage license you get from the state not a photocopy.

The instructions for the I-130 specifically state a "COPY OF MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE" Not the original. Take original documents to interview to support the copies. Original documents can be lost in the system and then you delay the process by needing to acquire certified copies to replace them.

Last edited by a moderator:
uglyboy_13 said:
Hey guys,

Me and my wife got married in the Summer. I am gonna file I-130, I-485 together this month. Do I need to submit additional documentation to be the evidence of our marriage beside our marriage certificate? How many photos of each of us should I submit in the application?Any help will be appreciated. Thanks

The I-130 requires 1 photo of each of you. The I-485 requires 2 photos of the I-485 beneficiary only. The I-765 (EAD) requires two photos of the beneficiary only. The I-131 requires 2 photos of the beneficiary only.

The beneficiary needs 7 photos and you need 1.

The instructions included on every form are pretty explicit...read them.

bb_5555 said:

Incorrect. Except for the Tax returns. You can submit only the most recent year, but you can also choose to submit the last three years by checking the appropriate box on the form. If you were applying to gain status in Canada you would need to send all of those other supporting documents with the application. The U.S. does not require, and they probably do not desire, that you send all that stuff to clutter up the system. The interview for AOS is where you provide the proof mentioned. Collect all of those items in a neatly organzied folder or file, with originals of any copied documents submitted (marriage, divorces, birth certs etc) and with copies of all your applications. Take that file to the interview with you.

By the way..there is an entire page on the USCIS website telling you how to put the package together for submission. I suggest you read it. They actually request that you "two hole punch" all forms AT THE TOP, not on the side, so they can easily place them in files. They also suggest connectiong them with the appropriate clips for two hole punched documents. The individual forms should be separated by sheets with tabs located at the bottom, not the side, of the page. The package should indicate whether it is an original submission, the name and a list of all forms being submitted. The forms, as mentioned, separated by tabbed sheets and the tabs labeled as to which form it represents.