help about family finger print notice

yaodong hu

Registered Users (C)
Hi, ALL: (VSC, boston, EB2)

Please help: I got I485 receipt for myself , my wife and my son for EB based application on Sep 4 (ND) same day.
Then I got the finger print Notice on Sep 17 , but I did not got the finger print notice for my wife(I presume that my son don't need it 10year old).
Since I just moved, and I registered the address chang in Post Office, so my notice can be transfer from the old addresss to me. But I forget to register my wife's in the post office, so I am fraid of the notice was lost.
But after I check the case status on line, I found that my case clearly states the finger print notice mailed to me. But my wife's case status just shows I485 was received.

so my questions are:

1. are the finger print notices are separeted for spouse, so I should got a different on for my wife?

2. is it odd that all receipts for I485 mailed together on the same date to me, but my case status show the finger print move, but not my wife's. Is it possible that my wife's finger print notice has not mailed out yet?

3. If just because of the address change, we missed my wife's finger print notice , what can I do now?

Thank you very very much.

sometimes you are FPed separately

but it is better to call IIO to clarify if your wife's has really not generated

wife's FP

Call IIO as suggested in the previous reply. It will not hurt you if you take your wife along when you go for FP. I have seen posts saying their spouse was finger printed despite missing FP notice.
Take her 485 receipt and a copy with you.

Check with lawyer. They get a copy of finger print notice too.
If they have received one for your wife you can ask them to fax it to you. This you can take for finger prniting.

There are 2 possibilities for delay -

1) Postal service delay even though FP notice is generated on the same day (May be 3-4 days). This happened in my case.

2) Many times only one FP notice is generated. You can call up and find out from IIO about your wife's FP notice.

Last edited by a moderator: