HELP!! 3rd AP lost in mail

shibsen

Registered Users (C)
Hi All,

The 3rd Advance Parole approval letter for my wife (RD: 7/24/03)
has been presumably lost in the mail, although I have received
mine more than a week ago. BCIS web site says the letter was
mailed out on 1/7/04. She is the primary beneficiary for the 485.

Her lawyer has apparently confirmed from the INS that *nothing*
can be done in such a situation - INS does not issue a duplicate;
nor can one be obtained from the local INS office as a substitute.
The only option is to reapply for a fresh AP.

Do any of you have any similar experiences and factoids to share
in this area?

cheers,

-shibsen.

You should wait, perhaps you can receive it next week. Sometimes it can be returned to INS and INS mail it again.

my EAD was lost in mail and the INS said apply again charging another $120.

I think this is a scam....maybe they don't mail it and say lost in mail and make you reapply....

Every junk comes my way except the one's from BCIS...come on, there should be an explanation to that...right?

When INS mailed my AR-11, due to USPS system error, my mail was sent back to INS. INS tried to mail again. But USPS returned again.

As a final resort, INS mailed it to my lawyer. I finally got it from my lawyer.

As far as 131 goes, INS did not send the receipt again. I could not even find the application status online.

I called INS and informed about the same. I got a letter from INS to call them back. I do not know yet.

Please consult your lawyer too. I posted my experience and do not make decision based on this post.

Thanks

Jason

I applied again.

My 2nd AP was lost/misplaced in mail. A month after message changed to " AP is mailed...", I called INS to inquire about it. But unfortunately they said they cannot do anything and suggested to re-apply again. In your case better wait for one or two more weeks and Fax an inquiry to the Service Center. They usually respond by phone within 48 hours.
WC

My AP was lost too and my lawyer and INS said that the only thing I can do is reapply (read as 'they don't give a shit'). I wouldn't wait any more expecting it. Apply for another AP and if the other one shows up, oh well, thanks for your contrtibution. Also depends on how soon you want to travel I guess.

We have had the same issue for my wife and my son, their APs got lost after being mailed. At that time (early 2002) it only took a few weeks to get new ones (sic). It was not possible to get copies of approved APs.

Game the systems as the system slaves us

Guys this is what I did when the AP was lost. Applied for an emergency AP due to a medical condition of my paretns at home.

then biggest tool that helped me get this was the lost AP apart from the docots letter. I told them ooficer that I had applied but it was lost and now I HAVE to travel, so he gave it..simple

don't apply again ..just go to the local BCIS offiuce and apply for emg ap

eAP is usually not valid for the whole year, or am I mistaken in that?

This is a disturbing trend of AP's are consistently getting lost in the mail. I had no clue so many people were affected by this problem. I just got my renewal AP approved, so I do hope I get the documents as promised. Last time around they sent the AP to my lawyer so I am hoping that this time they do the same. I would hate it if my AP was lost in the mail, specially when I have made detailed plans to travel!

Now, it takes a half year, so if AP were lost in mail, one cannot travel for a year.
It shows AP cannot be a substitute for GC only limited to travel.
It's really a big issue to be referred in the complaint of our lawsuit.

I had a similar experience - the AP was mailed to the attorneys and the EAD was mailed to me. While they were both approved on the same day, the attorneys recieved the AP in less than a week, while it took more than 2 weeks for me to get the EAD card in the mail.

K
Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
eAP is usually not valid for the whole year, or am I mistaken in that?

This is a disturbing trend of AP's are consistently getting lost in the mail. I had no clue so many people were affected by this problem. I just got my renewal AP approved, so I do hope I get the documents as promised. Last time around they sent the AP to my lawyer so I am hoping that this time they do the same. I would hate it if my AP was lost in the mail, specially when I have made detailed plans to travel!

same thing happend with my wife too last year (1st AP). nothing happened inspite of several requests to INS. they simply claimed that they has sent it and nothing else can be done.

My family's 3rd AP got lost too. But my lawyer got another copy. I got my 1st and 2nd APs in my mail, so I suppose INS sent APs to both the applicants and the applicants' lawyers.

Check with your lawyer again. Good luck.