• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

hellooo

if that is the case then i guess we will receive our 2Nl by july but we will be current in september reason being they send the 2nl 6weeks in advance inorder for one to prepare. what does this current mean anyway?

Current basically means that the State Department/National Visa Centre is done with the monthly cut-off numbers and it becomes an open field so to speak for anyone else who was selected including the higher case numbers so you don't wait till September to be current.

You'll see on previous visa bulletins for the month of June or after June the word "current" which refers to the above. That means all case numbers/selectees are eligible for an interview subject to the individual having submitted their forms and information.

If June becomes "current" I would expect our 2nd NL to probably come in June itself around the 15th or 20th which means we'd have our interviews in July/August.

It was just 4 months ago I was wondering when April will come and it's here practically. In another 3-4 months it will be crunch time for all of us.

Some DV winners I know personally have told me the interview is the least of your worries if you have the qualifications. The biggest worry is an adequate amount of savings to keep you on your feet whilst you look for a job in America and have to foot all the bills so start saving up :)

Some people get placed under administrative processing not because of documentation but because the State Department may be worried that these people are a possible public charge. Some go through but some don't because of the administrative processing phase.

Think back to your forms and when it asked how many times you have been to America and all the visas you were issued. What do you think this is? This is telling them if you had the funds to come and go to the US and if you were able to sustain yourself there during your visits i.e. an indication of whether or not you will be a public charge.

Think back to when you were asked on the form what you intend to do in America. What do you think this is? Plenty of people have degrees which meet the vocational requirements but America is technically in a recession and job security is at an all-time low so if you don't have money you need to satisfy them that you can get a job quickly and sustain yourself.

Your case number if you win a green card actually becomes your green card number according to what someone said to me (this person won the DV years ago).

In my case many DV winners I know say I have all the chances to go through (I don't want to celebrate until the fat lady sings) because my company is a registered Federal Government supplier and we do work for organisations such as USAID, ICF, EngenderHealth which are all based out of Maryland and the DC area and also for the IOM which is the biggest migration NGO affiliated to the UN. All my personal trips to the US have been over 6 weeks and I've been there almost 10 or so times and have visas plastered both US and EU plastered all over my passports because of the nature of my work.

My worry isn't even money or starting afresh there. For me the worry is getting that interview and entry visa thats why the waiting game sucks for me more than anything!

wow! thanx momo for that great info. But does it mean that after all case numbers become current the kcc do not use any formality to schedule one an interview as in they randomly send the 2nls to all tha remaining selectees.

Current basically means that the State Department/National Visa Centre is done with the monthly cut-off numbers and it becomes an open field so to speak for anyone else who was selected including the higher case numbers so you don't wait till September to be current.

You'll see on previous visa bulletins for the month of June or after June the word "current" which refers to the above. That means all case numbers/selectees are eligible for an interview subject to the individual having submitted their forms and information.

If June becomes "current" I would expect our 2nd NL to probably come in June itself around the 15th or 20th which means we'd have our interviews in July/August.

It was just 4 months ago I was wondering when April will come and it's here practically. In another 3-4 months it will be crunch time for all of us.

Some DV winners I know personally have told me the interview is the least of your worries if you have the qualifications. The biggest worry is an adequate amount of savings to keep you on your feet whilst you look for a job in America and have to foot all the bills so start saving up :)

Some people get placed under administrative processing not because of documentation but because the State Department may be worried that these people are a possible public charge. Some go through but some don't because of the administrative processing phase.

Think back to your forms and when it asked how many times you have been to America and all the visas you were issued. What do you think this is? This is telling them if you had the funds to come and go to the US and if you were able to sustain yourself there during your visits i.e. an indication of whether or not you will be a public charge.

Think back to when you were asked on the form what you intend to do in America. What do you think this is? Plenty of people have degrees which meet the vocational requirements but America is technically in a recession and job security is at an all-time low so if you don't have money you need to satisfy them that you can get a job quickly and sustain yourself.

Your case number if you win a green card actually becomes your green card number according to what someone said to me (this person won the DV years ago).

In my case many DV winners I know say I have all the chances to go through (I don't want to celebrate until the fat lady sings) because my company is a registered Federal Government supplier and we do work for organisations such as USAID, ICF, EngenderHealth which are all based out of Maryland and the DC area and also for the IOM which is the biggest migration NGO affiliated to the UN. All my personal trips to the US have been over 6 weeks and I've been there almost 10 or so times and have visas plastered both US and EU plastered all over my passports because of the nature of my work.

My worry isn't even money or starting afresh there. For me the worry is getting that interview and entry visa thats why the waiting game sucks for me more than anything!

I know the country very well , i ve been living there for 5 years, i got the driver license and the social security and most what is needed, plus i got pretty much more than a good saving, cant wait just to land there again :)

Single Dv winners

I know the country very well , i ve been living there for 5 years, i got the driver license and the social security and most what is needed, plus i got pretty much more than a good saving, cant wait just to land there again :)

Any single dv 2013 winners here still waitn for the 2NL?

wow! thanx momo for that great info. But does it mean that after all case numbers become current the kcc do not use any formality to schedule one an interview as in they randomly send the 2nls to all tha remaining selectees.

To my knowledge all those who submitted their forms (with correct information on them) will all be sent a second NL.

Let us keep the faith and pray that we'll all go through.

DV2013AF0007XXXX
Entry Checked - 01/05/2012
Forms sent to KCC - 10/05/2012
Confirmed by KCC via e-mail - 25/05/2012
Medicals - Not yet
2nd NL - Not yet
Police - Not yet
Interview - Not yet (expected in July or August 2013)
Port of Entry - New York JFK

Once I've settled in I'm going to look for a home to buy in suburbia and put an American flag outside.

Curiously what does everyone plan to do when they first get there i.e. on their first day in America?

obeezyb u too belong here we need people with highcase numbers to join us and keep warm as we wait.kungojea nayo :)

help

Macemk,edit ur signature n email and anyone else single here whether male or female so we encourage each other please :)

pleaze anybody help me.... where is the signature i will like to add mine.. kindly send it to my inbox.. thanks