• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

hello

Abimbolaolas

I want to know if there is anything like Denial after someone has been confirmed a winner already,if there is i need an instances on why there can be one.thanks also a friend of mine is married with 3 children but his uncle in the united state filled the form for him as single what can he do to take along his wife and 3 lovely children please advice......

I want to know if there is anything like Denial after someone has been confirmed a winner already,if there is i need an instances on why there can be one.thanks also a friend of mine is married with 3 children but his uncle in the united state filled the form for him as single what can he do to take along his wife and 3 lovely children please advice......

If his wife and three kids were acquired (for want of a better word) after he submitted the entry then he MUST be able to show and convince the interviewing officer how and when they were acquired so as to dispel any ideas of fraud. If however he was already married with kids before entering the lottery then he has in fact made false statements on his entry and will be denied. It says so very clearly in the instructions.

In bangladesh it is not possible to find out the marital status of any individual. I dont give you the option to choose it but i think it is true.
Abimbolaolas, can you please give the detail info that their interview has finished or just get the notification? If anyone know more, plz mention.

Last edited by a moderator:
it was his uncle that helped him played the lottry and at the time of playing he was in rush to play for many pple,while he made the mistake.....but the guy has the children birth certificate and also some prove,he has already received first Nl and he has sent his paper works to KCC and he is waiting for response now..so?

14. NUMBER OF CHILDREN – Entries MUST include the name, date, and place of birth of your spouse and all natural children. Entries must also include all children legally adopted by you, and stepchildren who are unmarried and under the age of 21 on the date of your electronic entry , even if you are no longer legally married to the child’s parent, and even if the spouse or child does not currently reside with you and/or will not immigrate with you. Note that married children and children 21 years or older are not eligible for the DV; however, U.S. law protects children from “aging out” in certain circumstances. If your electronic DV entry is made before your unmarried child turns 21, and the child turns 21 before visa issuance, he/she may be protected from aging out by the Child Status Protection Act and be treated as though he/she were under 21 for visa-processing purposes. Failure to list all children who are eligible will result in disqualification of the principal applicant and refusal of all visas in the case at the time of the visa interview.

may I suggest that your friend hurry and enter DV2012 before it closes. This time being sure to state that he is married and including ALL his kids and his wife.

This might sound silly, but how come an uncle knows all your personal info for the lottery but does not know that you are married and have 3 children together.

Thanks

Thanks so much,the issue now is that the papers has been sent to KCC already and he is waiting for NL 2 though ii will ask him to proceed and enter again,but should he go ahead with this present one i mean give it a trial or forfiet everything.

may I suggest that your friend hurry and enter DV2012 before it closes. This time being sure to state that he is married and including ALL his kids and his wife.

I would not advice him to go ahead, just because of the certain possibility that he will be denied AFTER he has paid $800+ PER PERSON (2 adults and 3 kids) to the embassy. The choice is his of course.
I think this may be the ONLY rule in the lottery that is not left to discretion, it is either you're single or married/divorced/separated/widowed and either you have kids or not at the time of entry in the lottery.

i am mataan adan and this is my second time of edv lottery i hope this yr i will win insha-allaah