Hello guys .. I need help here...

dec11thRD

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

How much salary i can expect to join in any company in india...???

My skills are

9 years IT

6 years SAP in 6 years 5 years SAP /EDI/ALE config...

1 1/2 years PM/PL/vendor management with 2 team size

Left india 7 years ago...

Staying in USA for 5 years....

I am entirely out of touch with indian job market...
So please help me guys... as soon as possible.....

Just wanted to stay in india for a while....

Thanks

Depends where you are looking

Wipro generaly gets paid about $27/hr for "consultants working from India (5-10 years experience)" for US companies, so if they are generous they will pay the employee 50% (ie$13.5 or 211,500PM INR (2000hr/year)

good luck, let us know what you really get (if you go back)

Thanks amit

There is a oppertunity waiting... I have not yet given a decision...

I mensioned the range 75,000 to Rs 1,00,000 / month.

I also said frankly, I am not aware of that...
You are asking a direction with a blind man.... he said, he is going to quote his number with client and he didn't told me how much... I believe he might quote the same as you said... I am not sure....

If anybody or your friends have any idea... please respond it will geatly helps... please show some interest guys....

Thanks

one of the top US companies

.... pays a person who works for them offshore about 10lacs/annum and other allowances. That guy used to work in the US for the same company. now he's working for them through their india-counterpart.

Hope that helps.(other than this case I am ignorant on this matter)

The standard calculation used by most companies is 1 to 1.5 lakhs for a year of experience. If you speak with HR/placement companies, quite a few are upfront and will say this is the formula used.

So if we took the mid range, in your case you should expect/negotiate at least 11-12 lakhs per annum (1.25 * 9). There will be other perks involved (which have reduced a bit because of market downturn). But then if you had skills at a premium and great demand, you should expect more.

The 2 lakhs per month (as mentioned by amitGreen) may be extremely difficult to get and I am not sure how that has been derived (13.5 * 48 *160 = Rs. 1 lakh per month and not 2 lakhs).

Good Luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
The salary number depends on where u'r planning to take a job. As u know there is a marked difference between Calif and Texas salaries, same way it will be a lot difference in salaries from companies in Delhi to companies in Mysore.

So don't panic too much. If u feel that u'r not being paid well then ask for a raise or quit the company. There are tons of jobs for people with u'r experience in India.

Recently I checked an Indian newspaper and there were tons of jobs for SAP pro's of which u seem to be one.

Wth u'r experience, anything above 1 Lakh/month seems to be a decent figure. Why don't u try to become an executive in a company? If u have saved money in US then I would recommend applying for client relations mgr etc so that u will get to travel to different countries and get a varied exposure in different industries.

I have been to india recently & have done research on market.
I think with your knowledge and skills, I think max you can get is 7 lakh/pa. They don't pay much now a days and are taking advantage of bad economy.
Also my suggestion would be: Don't join Wipro. Premji owns more than 85%. Don't work for muslim employer. He might be donating to Kashmir & other fanatics orgs. Who knows? He is a billionaire.

good advise JQUAKE

why don't you burn your Indian passport - you don't want to be the citizen of a country with a Muslim president.

I read an article in ET (India) a few weeks ago that went on to say that in order to calculate your salary expectations in India, you would mutiply your current annual wages by a factor of 10 to 15.
This factor is supposed to be used judiciously while keeping in mind the cost of living factor in the specific area/state you live here and that of the area you intend to work in India.
For instance, if you were going from Texas to, say, Bangalore, you would mutiply your annual salary by 13 (or some median figure you fix). Whereas if you are moving from Texas to Mumbai, you would need to mutiply your current salary figure by 15. On the otherhand, if you moved from New York to Bangalore, you would mutiply your salary by 10 since most companies factor the high cost of living in New York when they fix a salary for you anyway.
If you do this, you will arrive at the salary figure you can expect when you go to India. To illustrate, if you are working in New York and are getting paid, say, $100,000, your corresponding Indian wages (expectation only) according to this calculation would range between 10,000,000INR to 12,00,000INR depending on where you intend to work in India (Bangalore or Mumbai respectively, for the above sample figures).
Of course, this figure provides only the basis. The actual figure that you make would depend largely on the company you work for, your negotiating skills and the demand for your professional skills.

Originally posted by dec11thRD
Hi,

How much salary i can expect to join in any company in india...???

My skills are

9 years IT

6 years SAP in 6 years 5 years SAP /EDI/ALE config...

1 1/2 years PM/PL/vendor management with 2 team size

Left india 7 years ago...

Staying in USA for 5 years....

I am entirely out of touch with indian job market...
So please help me guys... as soon as possible.....

Just wanted to stay in india for a while....

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: good advise JQUAKE

Originally posted by waytoolong
why don't you burn your Indian passport - you don't want to be the citizen of a country with a Muslim president.

Though our president is muslim by birth, but he is hindu in his behavior till date and that's why you muslim guys don't like him. That's why your Imam of Delhi and other orgs didn't say any good words for him when he was elected as a President.