Hello guys! approved on 06/26/02

uknown485

Registered Users (C)
Hello guys,
  I have been posting messages on this board with lot of questions about me and my wife\'s I-485 issues. I called INS yesterday and found out that both me and my wife were approved yesterday i.e. on 06/26/2002. My details are as follows:
EB-2 RIR, labor certificate and I-140 from Nebraska.
I-485 from Texas(Adjustment of portability applied).
RD/ND - 03/27/01
FP - 03/06/02
RFE - 04/29/02
Response to RFE for me : 06/01/2002
Response to RFE for my wife: 06/11/2002
Approval for both me and my wife: 06/26/02
Thanks a lot to this board and to all the guys. You have been very helpful in answering my queries.
Thanks a lot and good luck to everybody

Congrat!!!

Oh ya, I have seen a lot of questions/support from you. Wishing you guys the very best in life.

Congrats, uknown485. It is very fast at least for TSC to process your RFEs. Hope TSC has started wo

Thanks a lot Gking

You have been very helpful on this board. Yes for me I believe everything was fast once I got my FP done. It only took long for FP to come.

Portability info

Unknow485,

Could you please share how did you manage protability of your i-485. Did you notify INS as soon as you change the Employer ? And also what is for RFE's?

Thanks

vik99

Yes vik99,
  Portability info is like this. Actually I didn\'t change my employer, but my employer moved me from one state to another, but in either case you need to apply an adjustment of portability. You can apply adjustment of portability only after filing for I-485. Also it is like this with adjustment of portability - It should be 180 days since you have applied for I-485 and then only you can apply for adjustment of portability.
RFE - stands for Request for evidence. Now for me it was lot of things which I have mentioned in my earlier discussions like they wanted to see that me and my wife had paid tax in the year 2000 also they wanted to check on my wife\'s stay in a particular(i.e. proof of residence) and also according to them for six month my wife was not allowed legally to work in US. So, we had to file I-245i and a fine of $1000/- and everything was ok after that.
Hope I Was able to answer all your questions. Let me know if you have any further questions.

unknown485, congratulations and enjoy the freedom!!!

Best of luck to you and to your spouse. So after paying the USD 1000.00 penalty, everything was OK then! I remember your posting about 245(i).

Thank you very much Md Alam

Yep everything is cool now. hey do you or anyone else know how to update information at e-nairobi.com??? How long does it take to get the actualy card??