Hello CP gurus

yes the number is 603 3340700

This number is automatic response system. If you have your i140 case number you can follow the instructions and it gives you status of your case. If you want to talk to somebody overthere which I guess is not required you will have to call between 10:00AM and 4:00PM EST..
Also if you are saying your case was transferred to NVC in first week of Dec, then by now atleast NVC must have issued the fee bills to the lawyer. So I think you should check the automatic response system to find out more information on your case.
I would also suggest you to contact any friend of yours here in US to check on your case on regular basis and keep you updated on regular basis.

Originally posted by kd1403
chennaipal:

I think the NVC number is 603 334-0700...assuming you made a typo.

To check status @NVC you will either need your I-140 case number or your NVC case number which you can find only if you have your I-140 case number.

If you are asking about checking status @consulate in India then you can provide your first and lst name and they will let you now if they have received your P3 case.

chennaipal:

I concur with uvwxyz...with a minor difference try either just after @8am EST or just before 7pm EST to be able to talk to a representative @NVC.

And concur with his suggestion that he may want to ask one of your friends from usa to follow up with nvc. If this is a issue let me know!

One question ?

My lawyer (FDBL) is working on my DS230 PartI

In the question of Employment history for last 10 years...I have a one month's gap between my first US job and second US job. That time you have to wait till your H1 got approved. My H1B petition was filed but I left my previous job as the Indian company was sending me to a new client and I wanted to join the client I was working for. Now my lawyer is mentioning that I was unemployed for one month in the employement history in DS230 partI . She says it is fine as you were in status as your H1B petiotion was filed prior to you left the first job..
She says if we keep the gap that will raise an issue and will delay the case. please let me know if this is fine...

Thanks...
:confused:

Originally posted by kd1403
chennaipal:

I concur with uvwxyz...with a minor difference try either just after @8am EST or just before 7pm EST to be able to talk to a representative @NVC.

And concur with his suggestion that he may want to ask one of your friends from usa to follow up with nvc. If this is a issue let me know!

Last edited by a moderator:
uvwxyz:

From what you have stated you seem to be in status since your h-1b transfer was in progress and you did the right thing.

You should be fine!

Originally posted by ChennaiPal
Hi UVWXYZ,
My question is:
Do we need the case number before we call this number?
What's the best time to call (there is a time gap for us)
I appreciate the reply.
--ChennaiPal

ChennaiPal,

Once you call the NVC with your I140 no., the automated system will tell you your NVC no. Note it for further reference.

Hi friends,
thanks a lot for the suggestions. I called up the NVC number and got the case number. It did not tell the date created etc. It was saying something about the fee info being sent. When I checked in CP tracker, there was this DS3032. Is it the fee thing ? Please help me with this.
Thanks,

chennaipal:

In your case the case was probably created about 2 weeks back. Since then the NVC AVM has changed to say that fee bill has been issued. DS 3032 is a form to change / drop attorneys which in your case may not be relevant. So once you / your attorney has received the fee bill, make the payment and then in about a month from the payment NVC will issue the P3 which you need to fill out an mail back to NVC.

Hi Again

For the DS230 part II Question no 31...

The question is Have you ever been charged, Arrested or convicted of any offense or crime ?

Now I want to answer it as No but I have got a ticket for traffic violation ...

Am I right or wrong ?

please let me know

Thanks

uvwxyz:

Generally traffic violations where nature of violation involves speeding or breaking a stop light are not considered as offense/ cimres for CP purposes and you can still state NO in your ds 230 part ii.

Hi KD & CP Zinga,
I need some clarification. As an answer to my question some time back in the thread "tentative Feb interviews in Chennai", CPZinga said that my case number would look something like "MDRYYYYXXXXX " (as we have opted for Chennai consulate). When I got the case number it is starting with NWD2004XXXXXX. Does this mean, our case has been moved to New Delhi consulate?
If Yes, can they do it without informing us or without our approval?

Regards,
ChennaiPal

chennaipal:

Yes NWD stands for New Delhi and MDR for Madras / Chennai.

The fact that you have been assigned NWD would mean that your case has been transferred to New DElhi consulate, not sure why and how this happened. Would not want to put words in your mouth but here are two possibilities:
1. Error on the part of NVC
2. Error on the part of your attorneys (which is extremely rare)

Under any circumstances, you / your attorney need to call:
1. NVC and inform them that case was wrongly transferred to NWD

2. Email/ Call both NWD and Chennai consulate informing of this error and see if NWD can internally transfer case to Chennai. I know this has happened in the past where NWD cases were transferred to Mumbai - not sure if this was out of request or change due to error.

But without wasting any more time get your attorneys involved. You may need to include a copy of your passport to prove that you fall under chennai consulate!

Current Delhi interview list shows a number that starts with BMB. This can be the case similar to what is being discussed currently here; or it can be due to applicant's request. Sorry, this does not answer the question of MDR and NWD issue, but might point to another seemingly similar case.

jigesh:

You are 100% correct. Mumbai and NWD are known to have accepted 1-2 cases a month from regions outside its jurisdiction. I remember even seeing KWT (Kuwaiti) case being processed based on Mumbai consulate web site.

At the same time i recollect reading an article on immigration portal or one of the other immigration web networks where the primary requested cp interview in derivatives country. Although i cannot recollect what happened after that...I would assume they had a successful interview.

imwatcher...needless to say i concur with jigesh in what he says
"No harm trying"

my wife's parents live abroad(SE Asia), so can i get my mother-in-law's affidavit for my wife's birth certificate done there, i mean will the authorities in their SE Asian country do that and will that be ok with guys at the US consulate in india or would it be better to get my wife's relatives' affidavits made in india itself?

uvwxyz:

I cannot imagine why that would be an issue as long as your m-i-l gets the affidavits done on LEGAL STAMP PAPER (not sure what currency stamp paper you would require) and signs it and gets it Notarized by a lawyer from that region.

But do wait for other folks to respond!

Hi friends,
I am here again with one more problem. I sent a mail to the Lawyer asking clarification / status of my case. I was told that the fee was submitted to NVC already (I got this reply on the weekend.). They had also told me that the case number starts with MDRYYYYXXXXXX. This case number she had given is different than what I was told on the voice message.
I called the automated system now and entered the WAC number, again.
Its still saying the case number which started with NWD.......
When I tried the case number (which was provided by the lawyer), the status I got is same.

Precisely, I am getting same status with both the WAC and case numbers. (status is the fee bill is prepared and will be sent shortly.....where as my attorney had already sent the fee.) How often do they update the message ?

Does this mean that my case has 2 case numbers ? if so, which one do they consider for interview.
the lawyer just sent me the case number and asked to get back in case of questions. I thought I'll wait for your answers and reply her.
thanks once again,

chennaipal:

I am not sure what to make out of this except that the best thing to do is to call NVC and talk tot he operator to get more details. This is somethign eithe ryou can do yourself or have your attorney contact NVC. One thing is for sure there cannot be 2 cases assigned to you.

Normally NVC AVM is updated once a week or on a case by case basis when there are updates.

Hi guys,
We had asked our attorney to look into the matter (after checking the voice system again).
The lawyer is ready to fax us the communication received from NVS giving the MDR case number. I don't know why she is not looking at the possibility of NVC creating another case number or error with the message itself.
I don't know what to do. Because when our I-140 was getting processes we called some 1-800 number given in the site and they said only the lawyer can call that number.
we are worried to call to this NVC number as we do not want to jeopardise by giving wrong answers or silly answers.
would somebody who had called the NVC and spoke to the representative tell us what do they want. i mean what kind of questions can we expect ?
we'll call them tomorrow based on the reply.
once again, sorry for bothering you all......

chennaipal:

The NVC folks are pretty friendly and are ready to help you unlike the experiences you may have had or heard related to any other USCIS processes.

There is nothing to worry about since this is a simple error. Just call them and provide them the entire details about your case and they will rectify the error. I feel ignorance wil cause more problems than acceptance! So contact NVC and get his resolved before it is too late!

DS230 form

uvwxyz, from your initial posting I read that the DS230 form saves you time..what is that form about? also i read somewhere that submitting the G-29 form for yourself along with the G-29 from your employer saves time too..?