Hekp!!someone I know wants to screw up my case

ugnar

Registered Users (C)
I suspect someone I know is trying to screw up my case. Lately, this fellow started getting very curious about my EAC# and makes persistant efforts to get it from me which I never gave. He insists on checking my status as a gesture of friendhip since I am too lazy to do it myself or so he claims. Inspite of this suspicion, I never gave it much thought since I thought no harm could be done without the EAC#. To my astonishment, when I called the IIO today just to see if they would give out info without EAC#, the IIO was all the more ready to give the info just by the last and first name. Now I am very concerned. Can someone plunge my case into jeopardy by calling the IIO using my name, and, say, talk nasty to her or just call the IIO every day till they deny youe case without appeal.

I am still speculating at this point. I am sure this issue is pretty new in this forum. But, what am I supposed to do if someone is bent upon destroying my case. Any thoughts are appreciated.

Well, call the INS 1-800# to find out if you can provide a password/identifier when calling in. They

...Once or twice in our lifetime we do come across wackos and your gut feelings can be valid. However, if you generally find it hard to trust people then you might want to examine if your world view has any bearing on what your intuition is saying.

nobody can screw up your case by calling IIO

it is not a basis for denying your AOS. I understand your concerns someone may try some mischieves. But I assure you nothing will happean. You may want to talk to your lawyer also.

No Title

Esbee, Thanks a lot for your advice. Next time I call the IIO I will make sure that I request for an id. I am sorry if I overdid this issue in the forum. I still give benefit of doubt to that Fellow. For all I know he could be innocent. But, like you said, my life experiences probably have a bearing on my intuition. Again, time and fate will determine.

No Title

esbee, I get you. I know it is almost like a taboo even to talk about these kinds of issues. But, I know this person for quite some time and I guess, I see in play, the proverbial "Familiarity breeds Contempt" phenomenon. Just to give an example, when I was looking for a job last year, this fellow volunteered to help and asked for the latest copy of my resume so that he could also look around for me. After a month of job searching in vain, I found from one of the agents that they already have my resume mailed by somebody and, in fact, they have been getting my resume every other day, each time in an awkward, non job related format. He said, he stopped considering my resume since he thought it is a prank resume.

Then I told him somebody is playing mischief and asked him to reveal the identity of the sender. The agent was nice enough to reveal the email of the last three times my resume was sent. Alas, there you find this fellow\'s email that he sometimes used with me. I already know him for 6 years, I kind of remember his email trail. When I confronted him, he played dumb and said that he only sent once and the other two emails do not belong to him which I doubt. When I asked him how come he disfigured the format of the resume, his explanation was that it probably happened by mistake. From then on I never trusted this guy though he called me occasionally. So, you see, there is a reason for my suspecion. Some might call me paranoid.
I hope you see my side.